CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry Sample Papers 2011
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 11 Chemistry
Class – XI
Subject – Chemistry
Time : 1:30 hr MM : 60
I.Answer the following Questions: ( 1mark each)
a)Calculate the molecular mass of methane (CH⁴) and glucose (C⁶H¹²O⁶) molecule.
b)Calculate the molarity of a solution of ethanol in water in which the mole fraction of ethanol is 0.040(assume the density of water to be one).
c)The mass of an electron is 9.1X10ˉ³¹Kg.If its kinetic energy is 3.0X10ˉ²⁶J.Calculate its wavelength.
d)Write the general electronic configuration of d-block and f-block elements.
e)Write the atomic number of element present in the third period and seventeenth group of periodic table.
f)Considering the elements F,Cl,O,N, the correct order of their chemical reactivity in terms of oxidizing property is: F>Cl>O>N F>O>Cl>N Cl>F>ON O>F>N>Cl
g)Which out of NH³ and NF³ has higher dipole moment and why?
h)What are intermolecular forces?
i)Write lewis structure of C²H² and N².
j)What are isoelectronic species? Give example.
II.Answer the following questions: ( 2 marks each)
a)What is the total number of sigma and pi bonds in these molecules: C²H² and C²H⁴
b)Explain with the help of example polar covalent bond.
c)Would you expect the first ionization enthalpies for two isotopes of the same element to be same or different?Justify your answer.
d)If ten volumes of dihydrogen gas reacts with five volumes of dioxygen gas, how many volumes of water vapour would be produced.
e)A photon of wavelength 4X10ˉ7 strikes on metal surface , the work function of the metal being 2.13 eV. Calculate i)the energy of the photon (eV), ii) the kinetic energy of the emission, iii)the velocity of the photoelectron (1eV = 1.6020X10ˉ19J).
III.Answer the following questions: ( any five – 3 marks each)
a)When electromagnetic radiation of wavelength 300 nm falls on the surface of sodium,electrons are emitted with a kinetic energy of 1.68X10 5 J molˉ¹.What is the minimum energy needed to remove maximum wavelength that will cause a photoelectron to be emitted?
b)What is basic difference between the terms electron gain enthalpy,electronegativity and Ionization enthalpy?Give example of each.
c)a)How many sub-shells are associated with n=4? b)How many electrons will be present in the sub-shells having ms value of -½ for n=4.
d)How would you explain the fact that the first ionization enthalpy of sodium is lower than that of magnesium but its second ionization enthalpy is higher than that of magnesium.
e)A vessel of 120 ml capacity contains amount of a gas at 35ºC and 1.2 bar pressure. The gas is transferred to another vessel of volume 180ml at 35ºC. What would be its pressure?
f)Describe the bonding in O² molecule and show the increasing order of energies of various molecular orbitals for O².
IV.Answer the following questions: ( any five – 5 marks each)
a)Define Hybridisation with its types giving examples of each.
b)i)State ideal gas equation. ii) At 25ºC and 760mm oh Hg pressure a gas occupies 600 ml volume.What will be its pressure at a height where temperature is 10ºC and volume of gas is 640ml.
c)Describe the electronic configuration and show the filling of orbitals of the following elements: Cr , Ni, Cu, Si, Se.
d)i)Calcium carbonate reacts with aqueous HCl to give CaCl² and CO² according to the reaction, CaCO³(S)+2 HCl (aq) ---- CaCl²b (aq) + CO² (g) + H²O(l) . What mass of CaCO³ is required to react completely wit 25ml of 0.75M HCl? ii)What will be the pressure of the gaseous mixture when 0.5 l of H² at 0.8 bar and 2 l of dioxygen at 0.7 bar are introduced in a 1l vessel at 27ºC?
e)i)Write the Lewis structure of C²H⁴ , N² , HNOᵌ , (CO³ )²ˉ , CH³COOH. ii)Define resonance with the help of example.
f)i)State: Heisenberg Uncertainity Principle Paulis’s Exclusion Principle Hund’s rule of maximum Multiplicity ii) A golf ball has a mass og 40 g, and a speed of 45m/sec. If the speed can be measured within accuracy of 2 %, Calculate the uncertainity in the position.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 11 Now
Board Sample Paper
- ICSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2007
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Math 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Fashion Studies 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Business Economics 2013
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2005
- ICSE Board Class 10 Physics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10th Math Sample Paper 2007
- ICSE Board Class 10 Biology 2010
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2010
- CBSE Board 12 Business Studies Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2009
- Haryana Board Class 12 Percussion
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Social Science
- CBSE Board 12th Physics Syllabus
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Psychology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Socially Useful Productive Work
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Punjabi
- Gujarat Board Class 9 Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Punjabi (Special)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Oriya
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Socially Useful Productive Work