CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry Sample Papers 2007
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2007 for Class 11 Chemistry
TIME : 3Hrs
1.All questions are compulsory.
2.Questions No.1to 11 are very short answer questions carrying I mark.
3.Questions No.12to 21are also short answer questions carrying 2 mark.
4.Questions No.22to29 are short answer questions carrying 03 marks each
5.Questions No.30to32 are long answer questions carrying 05 marks each
6.Use of Calculator is not permitted. However you may use Log Table if
1.What is the difference between 0.006 g and 6.00x10 -3g ?
2. Why are vegetables cooked with difficulty at hill stations.
3. Write all four quantum numbers for an electron in 2s orbital ?
4. Astudent reported the radii of Al3+, Mg2+ and F- as 136pm,65 and 50pm
respectively. Is the order correct. Comment ?
5.What is the relation between enthalpy of vapourisation ,enthalpy of fusion &
enthalpy of sublimation ?
6. Phosporus form penta chloride while nitrogen does not form. Why ?
7. Why bromine water colour becomes colourless when it is added to an alkene ?
8. Why ideal gas equation is not obeyed at all temperatures and pressures ?
9 What is dry ice ?
10. Why water exisist as liquid at room temperature ?
11. Wite the equilibrium constant for the given equation.
H2 + I2 ----- 2HI
12. Define surface tension. How is it influnced by temperature ?
13. Complete the following equations.
a) CH3- CH= CH2 + HBr -----
b) C6H6 + Cl2 >.
14. Give the IUPAC names of the following.
15. Explain. The following. a)Wurtz reaction.b) Resonance.
16. What is the significance of salt bridge ?
17. Is it possible to stir copper sulphate solution with nickel spatula ? ( E
18. Explain the shapes of ammonia and methane on the basis of VSEPR theory ?
19. Write the relation ship between ∆H and ∆E ?
20. Explain a)Cp is greater than Cv
21. Why AgCl is soluble in ammonia solution.
22. Find out a) the number of moles in 88 g of CO 2 .
b) What is the weight in gms of 3 moles of NH3.
23. Explain SP2 hybridisation with one example ?
24.a) Explain Hess’law
b) Calculate the enthalpy of formation of methane from the followinf data.
1) C + O2 - CO2
∆H= -393.5 kj
2) 2H2 + O2 ---- 2H2O ∆H ==-571.8kj
3 CH4 + 2O2 -- CO2 + 2H2O
∆H = -890.3kj
25. Complete the following. A) C2H5Br + aq KOH--
b) 6LiH + 2 BF3 ---
c) 3CuO + 2NH3--
26) What is Ionisation potential. What are the factors which influence it ?
27) Write the significance of quantum numbers ?
28) Describe the following. a) Common ion effect. b)buffer solutions. C) Ionic
product of water.
29) Explain purmutite method of softening of hard water ? ) a) Define molecular
formula and empirical formula.
b) An organic compound on analysis gave the
following percentage composition. C= 57.8%, H= 3.6% and the rest is oxygen. The
vapour density of the compound is found to be 83. Find out the molecular formula
of the compound .
31) Account for thr following. a) Alkali metal solutions in liquid ammonia are
blue colour and conducting in nature. b) Sodium fire in the laboratory should not
be extinguished by pouring water.c) Why does Iron become passive when dipped
in Concentrated nitic acid.d) Ammonia has tendency to form complex
compounds.e) Diamond is bad conductor of electricity. While graphite is good
32) a) Explain the Ostwalds process of preparing nitic acid with neat labeled
b) Describe the structure of Diborane.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 11 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Sanskrit 2013-SET-4
- Tamilnadu Board Class 12 Zoology Sample Paper Of 2011
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Math 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 Sample Paper of Science For 2007
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Geography 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2009
- Tamilnadu Board Class 12 Botany Sample Paper Of 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 English (Special Language) 2013-SET-4
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Elective 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2011
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Urdu Core
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Bengali
- Haryana Board Class 12 Business Studies
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Economics
- Haryana Board Class 12 Philosophy
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Chemistry
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Physical Education
- CBSE Board 12th Chemistry Syllabus
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Yoga
- CBSE Board 12th Physics Syllabus