CBSE Board Class 10 Chemistry Sample Papers 2011
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 10 Chemistry
Class – X
Subject –Science (chemistry)
( Metal- Non Metal, Acid and Base and Salt)
A green layer is gradually formed on a copper plate left exposed to air for a week in a bathroom.
What could this green substance be?
1. Why should water by never added drop wise to concentrated sulphuric acid
2. Name the gas evolved when dilute sulphuric acid acts as sodium carbonate.
3. What is the activity series of metals? Rearrange the following metals in an increasing
order of reactivity: Aluminum, Zinc, and Mercury.
4. Write the chemical name and formula of bleaching powder.
5. Why does bleaching powder smell of chlorine when exposed to air?
6. Write chemical equation to represent the action of dilute hydrochloric acid on bleaching
7. What is precipitated reaction, give example?
8. Define rancidity?
9. Why chemical equation should be balance?
10. Identify the substances that are oxidized given in the following reactions
a. 2Mg + O2 2MgO
b. CuO + H2 Cu + H2O
11. What is the difference between displacement and double displacement reactions?
12. Why does an aqueous solution of acid conduct electricity?
13. Why do HCl, HNO3, etc. show acidic characters in aqueous solutions while solutions of
compounds like alcohols and glucose do not show acidic character?
14. Write importance of Ph. in daily life.
15. Do basic solutions also have H
(aq) ions? If yes, then why are these basic?
16. A farmer put quick lime (calcium oxide ) or slaked lime Ca(OH)2
in his field What do you
think about soil i.e., acidic or basic
17. Give formula for Soda Ash, Plaster of Paris, Bleaching Powder., slaked lime
18. What happens when?
(a) Lead nitrate is heated
(b) Silver chloride is kept outside during daytime
(c) Give Reasons. Sodium, potassium and lithium are stored under
19. How Cu is refined from its impure Cu metal?
20. Give two metals which react with steam to produce hydrogen gas
21. Write two metals of poor conductors of heat.
22. Give one metal and non-metal that are liquid at room temperature.
23. Name two metals which will displace hydrogen from dilute acids, and two metals which
will do not.
24. What are aqua regia, amphoteric oxide, mineral, ore, and gangue?
25. Write the steps involving in the extraction of a metal?
26. Write electron dot structures of Na2O, MgO.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Sociology 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Math 2013-SET-4
- CBSE Board Class 9 English Core 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2008
- Bihar Board Class 12 Physics 2012
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Class 8 Math 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 English Literature 2013-SET-3
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Anatomy Physiology and Health 2013
- Tamilnadu Board Class 10 Social Science Sample Paper Of 2005
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biotechnology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Fashion Studies 2011
- ICSE Board Class 10 Geography 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2007
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Math
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 English Core
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Telugu(Special)
- Gujarat Board Class 11 English Elective
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Book keeping & Accountancy
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Math
- CBSE Board Class 11 Accountancy
- CBSE Board 12th Chemistry Syllabus
- Haryana Board Class 12 English Elective
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Punjabi (Special)