CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies Sample Papers 2011
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 12 Business Studies
Class - XII
Max. Marks - 100 Time - 3 hrs.
1. Answers to questions carrying 1 mark may be from one word to one sentence.
2. Answer to questions carrying 3 marks may be from 50 to 75 words.
3. Answer to questions carrying 4-5 marks may be about 150 words
4. Answer to questions carrying 6 marks may be about 200 words.
5. Attempt all parts of a question together.
1. Govt. of India is seriously thinking to allow oil marketing public sector undertakings to fix their own price for petrol and diesel. Which economic reform is the reason of this change in government’s policy (1)
2. Why is it said that recruitment is a positive step in the process of staffing ? (1)
3. “The Principles of Management are different from those used in pure science”. Write any one difference. (1)
4. Why is it said that the management principles are universal? (1)
5. A Company needs a detailed plan for its new project, ’Construction of a Shopping Mall’. What type of plan is it? (1)
6. ‘Planning eliminates changes/uncertainties’. Do you agree? Give reason in support of your answer. (1)
7. A company gets applications on and off even without declaring any vacancy. However as and when the vacancy arises, the company makes use of such applications. Name the source of recruiment used by the comapny. (1)
8. Is controlling ‘the end’ of management functions cycle? Give reason in support of your answer. (1)
9. Which Consumer Right gives the business firms freedom to set up their own consumer service and grievance cell? (1)
10. Deepak Shah purchased a car for Rs. 19 lacs from an automobile company and found its engine defective. Despite many complaints the defect was not rectified. He filed a case in the District forum.But he was not satisfied with the orders of the District Forum and decided to appeal. Suggest him the highest authority where he could appeal if not satisfied
again by the decision of the next higher authority (1)
11. There are different objectives of business and economics objectives are one among them. Explain these economic objectives. (3)
12. Which process prepares a blue print of an organisation’s future preparations relating to finance? Give any two reasons why this process is needed? (3)44
13. State any three objectives of National Stock Exchange. (3)
14 . Distinguish between the concepts ‘product ’and ‘production’ in Marketing keeping following as the base: (3)
15. How are the shareholders of a company likely to gain with a debt component in the capital employed? Explain with the help of an example. (3)
16. Management is a Profession like Accounting, Medicine and Law as it also has a well defined body of knowledge.Yet management does not qualify to be a full fledged profession. Why? (4)
17. Identify the type or dimension of environment to which the following are related: (4)
(i) Banks reducing interest rates on housing loans.
(ii) An increasing number of working women.
(iii) Booking of air tickets through internet.
(iv) Alchohol beverages are prohibited to be advertised on ‘Door Darshan’.
18. Mohan and Sohan are friends working in Surya Ltd. as Production and Sales Manager respectively. In an interdepartmental meeting Sohan informed Mohan about a change in the marketing policy of the company.
(a) Identify the type of communication used in the above example.
(b) Name & explain any two networks of the type of communication identified in part(a).
(1+3 = 4)
19. Distinguish between delegation & decentralization of authority on the following bases:
(iii) Freedom of action
(iv) Level of authority (4)
20. State any four responsibilities of a consumer while purchasing/ consuming goods/ services.(4)
21. Explain the steps involved in the process controlling function of management. (5)
22. ‘Determination of the Price of a Product’ is influenced by many factors. Explain any five factors that have an influence on price. (5)
23. Explain the following principles of management:
(b) Remuneration of Employees. (5)
24. In spite of best efforts of managers sometimes planning fails to achieve desired results due
to its limitations. Explain any five limitations of planning. (5)
25. Explain any five functions of a Stock Exchange. (5)45
26. What is meant by ‘Functional organizational structure’? State any two advantages & two disadvantages of such structures.
Describe the steps involved in the process of ‘Organising’. (6)
27. Explain the process of staffing in an organisation.
Training is a life long necessity both for the employees as well as for the organisation. Justify the statement by giving three argument s each in favour of the employees and the organisation. (6)
28. In an organization there are many leaders. But a good leader must be a distinguished one. Suggest any four qualities that a good leader must possess. (1½x4=6 Marks)
‘It is only ‘Motivation’ through which the managers can inspire their subordinates to give their best to the organisation’. In the light of this statement explain any four points of importance of motivation. (6)
29. What is meant by ‘Working Capital’? Describe any four factors which affect the working capital requirements of company.
What is meant by ‘Fixed capital’? Describe any four factors which affect the fixed capital requirements of a company. (6)
30 . You have been appointed as a Brand Manager of Ford Motors .The Company is to introduce a Compact small car in the Indian Market. The name of the car is yet to be decided. You have been asked to chair a Brain Storming Session. Before the suggestions come forward you have to briefly explain the participants as to what constitutes a good brand name with the help of suitable examples.
‘Various tools of communication are used by the marketers to promote their products’ Answer the following questions :
(a) Why do Companies use all tools at the same time?
(b) Name and explain the most commonly used non-personal tool of promotion which is paid for by the marketer.
(c) Which tool of promotion will primarily be used for the following :
(i) To get good Corporate image without being paid for.
(ii) An existing product meant for mass usage by literate people.
(iii) To introduce a new product to a particular class of people through door to door visits
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Physics For 2007
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Physical Education 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 English Core 2013
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Math 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2010
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2009
- CBSE Board English Core Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics Sample Paper 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 12 English Core 2011
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2009
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2008
- CBSE Board Class 9 Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Home Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2011
- CBSE Board 12 Business Studies Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2005
- Haryana Board Class 12 Philosophy
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Geography
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Home Science
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Business Studies
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Agriculture
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Kannada
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Tamil
- CBSE Board Class 7 Syllabus For English Core
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Hindi
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Biotechnology