CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies Previous Year Question Papers 2008
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2008 for Class 12 Business Studies
Code No. 58/1/2
Time allowed: 3 hours] [Maximum marks: 100
1. Answer to questions carrying 1 mark may be from one word to one sentence.
2. Answer to questions carrying 3 marks may be from 50 to 75 words.
3. Answer to questions carrying 4-5 marks may be about 150 words.
4. Answer to questions carrying 6 marks may be about 200 words.
5. Attempt all parts of a question together.
1. Name the process of designing and maintaining an environment in which individuals working
together in groups efficiently accomplish selected aims.
2. Mohit filed a case against ‘Domestic Coolings Ltd.’ in the ‘District Forum; but he was not
satisfied with the orders of the District Forum. Where can he appeal further against the
decisions of District Forum?
3. Ahmed wants to buy an iron. As an aware customer how can he be sure about the quality of
4. Name the concept which increases the return on equity shares with a change in the capital
structure of a company.
· Please check that this question paper contains 8 printed pages.
· Code number given on the right hand side of the question paper should be written on
the title page of the answer-book by the candidate.
· Please check that this question paper contains 30 questions.
· Please write down the Serial Number of the questions before attempting it.
Candidates must write the Code on
the title page of the answer- book.
5. A company wants to establish a new unit in which a machinery of worth Rs.10 lakhs is
involved. Identify the type of decision involved in financial management.
6. Which function of management ensures that actual activities confirm to planned activities?
7. Name the function of management which co-ordinates the physical, financial and human
resources and establishes productive relations among them for achievement of specific goals.
8. ‘The management principle can be applied to all types of activities.’ Which characteristic of
management is highlighted by this statement?
9. ‘The principles f management are different from those of pure sciences.’ State any one
10. What is the main objective of ‘Time study’?
11. Nature of money market can be well explained with the help of its features. State any three
such feature of money market.
12. Explain how ‘planning is futuristic’?
13. What is meant by ‘informal organization’? List any two limitations of informal organiosation.
14. ‘Leadership is an essential element of directing.’ State any three reasons why it is essential?
15. Explain any three functions of ‘packaging.’
16. What is required to tackle the uncertainty in respect of availability and timings of funds? Name
the concept involved and explain any three points of its impotence.
17. Explain ‘method’ and ‘rule’ as types of plain.
18. Explain the following as ways and means of consumer protection:
(i) Consumer awareness
19. State any four reasons why training is needed for employees.
20. ‘Directing is not required at all in management of an organization.’ Do you agree. Give two
reasons in support of your answer.
21. Some products have certain unique features. They attract a significant groups of buyers.
Identify the kind of product and list its features.
22. Distinguish between ‘Capital Market’ and ‘Money Market’ on the following bases:
(ii) Instruments traded
(iii) Duration of securities traded
(iv) Expected return
23. Raman is working as ‘Plant Superintendent’ in Tifco Ltd. Name the managerial level at which
he is working? State any four functions he will perform as ‘Plant Superintendent’ in this
24. Explain the following principles of management:
(a) Scalar chain
(b) Science not Rule of Thumb
25. Maslow’s need-hierarchy is considered fundamental to understanding of motivation. Explain
the role of need-hierarchy in motivation.
26. Explain four important element of marketing mix.
(i) Gathering and analysing market information;
(ii) Market Planning;
(iii)Product designing and development;
(iv)Customer support services.
27. Explain any four factors which affect the working capital requirements of a business.
Explain any four factors which affect the capital structure of a company.
28. What is meant by ‘functional structure’ of organization? Explain any two advantages and any
two limitations of this structure.
What is meant by ‘decentralizations’? Explain any four points which highlight the importance
of decentralization in an organization
29. ‘Filling vacancies from within the organisation has some advantages as well as limitations.’
Explain any three such advantages and any three limitations.
Which function of management helps in obtaining right people and putting them on the right
jobs? Explain any five points of impotence of this function.
30. What is meant by ‘Budgetary Control’? State its four advantages.
‘Controlling is an indispensable function of management’. Do you agree? Give four reasons in
support of your answer.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Home Science 2011
- Tamilnadu Board Class 12 English Core Sample Paper Of 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biotechnology 2010
- ICSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2011
- Karnataka Board Class 10 Social Science Sample Paper Of 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2008
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics Sample Paper Of 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 English (Special Language) 2013
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Economics 2007
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board 12 Political Science Previous Year Question Paper 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2009
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 10 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Environmental Studies
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Geography
- UP Board Class 12 English
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Marathi
- Haryana Board Class 8 English Core
- ICSE Board Class 12 Sociology
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Agriculture
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Scouting & guide
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Urdu Core
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Science