CBSE Board Biotechnology Sample Papers for Class 12
CLASS – XII
Subject - Biotechnology
Time: 3Hrs Max. marks: 70
i.All questions are compulsory.
ii.There is no overall choice. However, an internal choice has been provided in one question of 3marks and three questions of 5marks. You have to attempt only one of the choices in such questions. Question Paper contains four sections – A, B, C and D.
iii.Question numbers 1 to 5 are very short answer questions, carrying 1 mark each.
iv.Question numbers 6 to 15 are short answer questions, carrying 2 marks each.
v.Question numbers 16 to 25 are also short answer questions, carrying 3 marks each.
vi.Question numbers 26 to 28 are long answer questions, carrying 5 marks each.
1. Name two diseases caused by the absence of a protein. Thallasaemia,
2. Name the phenomenon of invitro heat treatment of meristem.
3. What is the single letter IUPAC code for?
4. In which phase specific growth rate is measured in microbial culture?
5. What is source of Tag polymerase?
6. Who first developed the protein sequencing method? Name the protein to be sequence first. Sanger. Isulin was the 1st protein 2 b sequenced.
7. What is a restriction enzyme? Write the types of restriction enzyme. Those enzymes which restrict the growth of any forein body [virus, DNA] in a bacterial cell are called restriction enzymes.
8. An E.coli cell produces at least 1000 different proteins. One of these is an enzyme of interest produced at a level of 2000 molecules per cell under optimum condition. If we have to purify 1g of this intracellular enzyme estimate how many cells of bacteria will be required theoretically. Given mass of enzyme of interest is 100000 Dalton.
9. What is DNA micro array technology? What is the importance of this technology?
10. What is downstream processing? Write the steps of isolation of extra cellular microbial metabolites?
11. Explain the method of producing transgenic plant with delayed fruit ripening.
12. T-cells reject transplants. How is kidney transplantation successfully done? OKT3
13. How does Agro bacterium tumifaciens transfer the desired gene in to plants?
14. What do you mean by non covalent interaction? Name the 4 types of non covalent interaction.
15. What are DNA library & genomic library?
16. What are the principles between isoelectric focussing & SDS PAGE technique? Why is two dimensional electrophoresis better than one dimensional electrophoresis?
17. Differentiate between the characteristics of normal cells & cancerous cells?
18. Suggest 3 methods of preserving microbial strains.
19. What is the principle of MALDI-TOF? What is its main use in protein studies?
20. What are data retrieval tools? Write entrez map showing the hard link relationship between database?
21. What does PCR stands for? What are the different steps in PCR reaction?
22. Define the following:
23. What is site directed mutagenesis? Indicate its application?
24. A bacterial culture containing 100cells increased its population to one billion in 10 hours. Determine
a. The no. of generations.
b. The generation time.
25. What is micro projectile bombardment? What advantage does this process have in vector less gene delivery?
26. Describe the structure function relationship in proteins giving example of chymotrypsin or sickle cell anemia?
27. What are cloning vectors? Give an illustrated account of different bacterial plasmid as cloning vectors?
28. What is gene prediction & gene counting? Write gene prediction algorithms.
Write short note on
a. Nick translation
CBSE Board Biotechnology Sample Papers for Class 12 by Year
SAMPLE PAPER 2011 BIO-TECHNOLOGY Time allowed : 3 hours Maximum marks: 70 General Instructions: (i) All questions are compulsory. (ii) There is no overall choice. However, an internal choice has been provided in one question of two marks and two questions of five marks. You have to attempt only one of the choices in such...Read More
Sample Paper - 2007 CLASS: XII Subject - Biotechnology TIME: 3 HOUR MARK: 70 GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS a. This question paper consists of four sections A, B, C and D. Section A contains 5 questions of 1 mark each. Section B contains 10 questions of 2 marks each. Sections C contain 10 questions of 3 marks each ...Read More
SAMPLE PAPER 2008 CLASS 12 BIO-TECHNOLOGY Time allowed : 3 hours Maximum marks: 70 General Instructions : (i) All questions are compulsory. (ii) There is no overall choice. However, an internal choice has been provided in one question of two marks and two questions of five marks. You have to attempt only one of the choic...Read More
Sample Paper 2009 Biotechnology Class XII [set-1] SECTION-A 1.What are prions? Name a disorder caused by prions. 2.Name two diseases caused by the absence of a protein. Thallasaemia, 3.Name the enzyme whose deficiency leads to “SCID” in children. 4.Name the source organism of subtilisin. 5.Why the bacteriopha...Read More
Biotechnology Sample Paper Class 12 (Three hours) (Candidates are allowed additional 15 minutes for only reading the paper. They must OT start writing during this time.) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Answer Question 1 (compulsory) from Part I ...Read More
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 9 Class 11 Geography 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Biology For 2005
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 English (Special Language) 2013-SET-3
- CBSE Board Class 12 Accountancy 2005
- ICSE Board Class 10 Fashion Studies 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Business Studies 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Geography 2005
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Biology Sample Paper Of 2012
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry 2011
Previous Year Paper
- ICSE Board Class 10 Biology 2007
- CBSE Board 12 Biology Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2009
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Psychology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2011
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12th Economics Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Bengali
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Sociology
- Manipur Board Class 9 Hmar
- Haryana Board Class 12 Biology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Telugu
- Gujarat Board Class 12 History
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Informatics Practices
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Political Science
- West Bengal Board Class 9 Syllabus For English Core
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Syllabus For Chemistry