CBSE Board Biotechnology Sample Papers for Class 12
CLASS – XII
Subject - Biotechnology
Time: 3Hrs Max. marks: 70
i.All questions are compulsory.
ii.There is no overall choice. However, an internal choice has been provided in one question of 3marks and three questions of 5marks. You have to attempt only one of the choices in such questions. Question Paper contains four sections – A, B, C and D.
iii.Question numbers 1 to 5 are very short answer questions, carrying 1 mark each.
iv.Question numbers 6 to 15 are short answer questions, carrying 2 marks each.
v.Question numbers 16 to 25 are also short answer questions, carrying 3 marks each.
vi.Question numbers 26 to 28 are long answer questions, carrying 5 marks each.
1. Name two diseases caused by the absence of a protein. Thallasaemia,
2. Name the phenomenon of invitro heat treatment of meristem.
3. What is the single letter IUPAC code for?
4. In which phase specific growth rate is measured in microbial culture?
5. What is source of Tag polymerase?
6. Who first developed the protein sequencing method? Name the protein to be sequence first. Sanger. Isulin was the 1st protein 2 b sequenced.
7. What is a restriction enzyme? Write the types of restriction enzyme. Those enzymes which restrict the growth of any forein body [virus, DNA] in a bacterial cell are called restriction enzymes.
8. An E.coli cell produces at least 1000 different proteins. One of these is an enzyme of interest produced at a level of 2000 molecules per cell under optimum condition. If we have to purify 1g of this intracellular enzyme estimate how many cells of bacteria will be required theoretically. Given mass of enzyme of interest is 100000 Dalton.
9. What is DNA micro array technology? What is the importance of this technology?
10. What is downstream processing? Write the steps of isolation of extra cellular microbial metabolites?
11. Explain the method of producing transgenic plant with delayed fruit ripening.
12. T-cells reject transplants. How is kidney transplantation successfully done? OKT3
13. How does Agro bacterium tumifaciens transfer the desired gene in to plants?
14. What do you mean by non covalent interaction? Name the 4 types of non covalent interaction.
15. What are DNA library & genomic library?
16. What are the principles between isoelectric focussing & SDS PAGE technique? Why is two dimensional electrophoresis better than one dimensional electrophoresis?
17. Differentiate between the characteristics of normal cells & cancerous cells?
18. Suggest 3 methods of preserving microbial strains.
19. What is the principle of MALDI-TOF? What is its main use in protein studies?
20. What are data retrieval tools? Write entrez map showing the hard link relationship between database?
21. What does PCR stands for? What are the different steps in PCR reaction?
22. Define the following:
23. What is site directed mutagenesis? Indicate its application?
24. A bacterial culture containing 100cells increased its population to one billion in 10 hours. Determine
a. The no. of generations.
b. The generation time.
25. What is micro projectile bombardment? What advantage does this process have in vector less gene delivery?
26. Describe the structure function relationship in proteins giving example of chymotrypsin or sickle cell anemia?
27. What are cloning vectors? Give an illustrated account of different bacterial plasmid as cloning vectors?
28. What is gene prediction & gene counting? Write gene prediction algorithms.
Write short note on
a. Nick translation
CBSE Board Biotechnology Sample Papers for Class 12 by Year
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 12 Now
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2008
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Chemistry Previous Year Question paper of 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Accountancy 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Punjabi
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Marathi (special)
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Accountancy
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Economics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Element of Science
- CBSE Board 12th Physics Syllabus
- Haryana Board Class 12 Accountancy & Auditing
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Telugu(Special)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Sindhi special