CBSE Board Class 11 Biotechnology Sample Papers 2010
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2010 for Class 11 Biotechnology
Subject – Biotechnology
Sample Paper 2010
Max. Marks:70 Duration: 3 hours
General Instructions :
(i) All questions are compulsory.
(ii) Question numbers 1 to 5 are very short answer questions, carrying 1 mark each.
(iii) Question numbers 6 to 15 are short answer questions, carrying 2 marks each.
(iv) Question numbers 16 to 25 are also short answer questions, carrying 3 marks each.
(v) Question numbers 26 to 28 are long answer questions, carrying 5 marks each.
Q1. Give the genetic make up resulting into Turner’s syndrome. What kind of mutation is
Q2. Expand MHC. Mention its role in transplantation.
Q3. Why is one required to study conjugation?
Q4. Indicate any two defense mechanism in insects.
Q5. Hematoxylin-eosin stain is commonly used to stain cells while studying under a
light microscope. Indicate which components of the cells are stained by each.
Q6. Give any two methods of staining nucleic acids.
Q7. How can Genome Sequencing Projects be significant?
Q8. Show, diagrammatically, the steps involved in the processing of hnRNA.
Q9. A researcher is interested in all the cell types of pancreas. How can he separately
collect each of them?
Q10. Give one example each for mitochondrial and chloroplast inheritance.
Q11. Mendel had mentioned the existence of two alleles for each gene in his
theories. Give one exception to it. Explain briefly with a suitable example.
Q12. What is karyotype? How is it different from an ideogram?
Q13. “ DNA is the genetic material responsible for transformation.” How was it proved
by Avery, Mc Cleod and Mc Carty after Griffith’s experiments?
Q14. Give any two molecular mechanisms of mutations. Indicate one repair system for
Q15. Differentiate ‘tumor suppressor genes’ and ‘oncogenes’.
Q16. What is lac operon? Why is it called an inducing type of operon? Explain with
Q17. Give one application for each of the followings:
ii)Darf field microscope
iii)Scanning electron microscope
Q18. Hemophilia is an X-linked recessive inheritance. If 50% of the daughters are
diseased, 50% of the children carrier while 50% of the sons normal. What should be
the genotype of each parent .Predict the genotype of next generation if the carrier
daughter marries to a normal man.
Q19. Show , diagrammatically, the details of immunoglobulin structure.
Q20. Differentiate Q bandings and C bandings.
Q21. “All DNA molecules are made up of same four nucleotides, still the DNA
extraction methods are different for each type of tissues.” Support the statement
giving the DNA extraction methods from blood cells and plant tissues.
Q22. Outline the prominent features of ‘Genetic code’.
Q23. Expand FISH. How is this technique useful in prenatal diagnosis of a genetic
Q24. A microbiologist is interested in an investigation utilizing an auxotrophic strain of
E.coli ( Arg -). Show all the steps undertaken by him to raise such strain using UV
Q25. Highlight the main differences in genotypic and phenotypic ratios among Complete
dominance, incomplete dominance and co-dominance with suitable examples.
Q26. Give a detailed account of “Microbial growth measurement methods”.
Q27. “Plants do not produce antibodies, but they are also attacked by pathogens or face
infavourable environmental conditions.” Explain how do plants cope with such
Q28. With the help of suitable diagrams, explain any one of the following in details
‘ Replication’ ‘or’ ‘Translation’
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 11 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 8 Math 2007
- West Bengal Board Class 12 History Sample Paper Of 2011
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Social Science 2013
- CBSE Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry 2013-SET-3
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2005
- ICSE Board Class 10 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2010
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 9 Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Elective 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Home Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Fashion Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Biology
- UP Board Class 12 English
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Economics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Arabic
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 10 Science
- Haryana Board Class 8 English Literature
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Punjabi
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Urdu Core
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Sociology
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Fashion Studies