CBSE Board Class 11 Biotechnology Sample Papers 2007
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2007 for Class 11 Biotechnology
Class – XI
Subject – Biotechnology
Duration: 3 hours
General Instructions :
(i) All questions are compulsory.
(ii) Question numbers 1 to 5 are very short answer questions, carrying 1 mark each.
(iii) Question numbers 6 to 15 are short answer questions, carrying 2 marks each.
(iv) Question numbers 16 to 25 are also short answer questions, carrying 3 marks each.
(v) Question numbers 26 to 28 are long answer questions, carrying 5 marks each.
Q1. Give the genetic make up resulting into Turner‟s syndrome. What kind of mutation is
Q2. Expand MHC. Mention its role in transplantation.
Q3. Why is one required to study conjugation?
Q4. Indicate any two defense mechanism in insects.
Q5. Hematoxylin-eosin stain is commonly used to stain cells while studying under a
light microscope. Indicate which components of the cells are stained by each.
Give any two methods of staining nucleic acids.
How can Genome Sequencing Projects be significant?
Show, diagrammatically, the steps involved in the processing of hnRNA.
A researcher is interested in all the cell types of pancreas. How can he separately
collect each of them?
Q10. Give one example each for mitochondrial and chloroplast inheritance.
Q11. Mendel had mentioned the existence of two alleles for each gene in his
theories. Give one exception to it. Explain briefly with a suitable example.
Q12. What is karyotype? How is it different from an ideogram?
Q13. “ DNA is the genetic material responsible for transformation.” How was it proved
by Avery, Mc Cleod and Mc Carty after Griffith‟s experiments?
Q14. Give any two molecular mechanisms of mutations. Indicate one repair system for
Q15. Differentiate „tumor suppressor genes‟ and „oncogenes‟.
Q16. What is lac operon? Why is it called an inducing type of operon? Explain with
Q17. Give one application for each of the followings:
ii)Darf field microscope
iii)Scanning electron microscope
Q18. Hemophilia is an X-linked recessive inheritance. If 50% of the daughters are
diseased, 50% of the children carrier while 50% of the sons normal. What should be
the genotype of each parent .Predict the genotype of next generation if the carrier
daughter marries to a normal man.
Q19. Show , diagrammatically, the details of immunoglobulin structure.
Q20. Differentiate Q bandings and C bandings.
Q21. “All DNA molecules are made up of same four nucleotides, still the DNA
extraction methods are different for each type of tissues.” Support the statement
giving the DNA extraction methods from blood cells and plant tissues.
Q22. Outline the prominent features of „Genetic code‟.
Q23. Expand FISH. How is this technique useful in prenatal diagnosis of a genetic
Q24. A microbiologist is interested in an investigation utilizing an auxotrophic strain of
E.coli ( Arg -). Show all the steps undertaken by him to raise such strain using UV
Q25. Highlight the main differences in genotypic and phenotypic ratios among Complete
dominance, incomplete dominance and co-dominance with suitable examples.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 11 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Math 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Business Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Chemistry 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Hindi 2013-2
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Biology For 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Math 2013
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Physics For 2007
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Computer Science 2011
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Sociology 2007
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2005
- Karnataka Board Class 10 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2007
- Maharashtra Board Class 11 Chemistry syllabus
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Sociology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Elements of Science & Maths for Agriculture
- West Bengal Board Class 9 Syllabus For Science
- ICSE Board Class 12 Political Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Gujarati
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Physics
- UP Board Class 12 English
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Physics
- ICSE Board Class 12 Economics