CBSE Board Class 12 Biology Previous Year Question Papers 2011
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2011 for Class 12 Biology
1. This question paper consists of four sections A, B, C, and D, Section A Contains. 5 questions
of one mark each, Section B is of 10 questions of two marks each, Section C is of 10
questions of three marks each and sections D is of 3 questions of five marks each.
2. All questions are compulsory.
3. There is no overall choice However, an internal choice has been provided in one question of
2 marks, one question of 3 marks and all three questions of 3 marks weightage. Attempt.
Only one of the choices in such questions.
4. Question lumbers 1 to 5 is to be answered in one word or one sentence each.
5. Question numbers 6 to 15 are to be answered in approximately 20-30 words each.
6. Question numbers 16 to 25 are to be answered in approximately 30-50 words each.
7. Question number 26-28 are to be answered in approximately 80 -120 words each.
SECTION - A
Q1. What would happen to the rate of photosynthesis in C3 plants if the CO2 concentration level almost doubles from its present level in the atmosphere? 1
Q2. In humans, starch digestion begins in the buccal cavity but stops in the Stomach. Why? 1
Q3. Name the two most biodiversity-rich zones of India. 1
Q4. Name the hormone that makes the plants more tolerant to various stresses. 1
Q5. Name the t major groups of cells required in attaining specific immunity. 1
SECTION - B
Q6. Name the end products of aerobic and anaerobic glycolysis List two ways by which molecules
of ATP are produced in glycolysis during aerobic respiration in a cell. 2
Q7. Differentiate between Total Fertility Rate (TFR) and Replacement Level (RL). 2
Q8. Due to uncontrolled excessive hunting the population of tigers in a forest becomes Zero.
Discuss the long-term effects of this situation on the population of deer in that forest. 2
Q9. Name the source gland of luteinizing hormone (LH). Mention the other hormone along with
which it acts on its target cells/organ. Give their two functions. 2
Q10. Can all the four chambers of the human heart experience systole simultaneously? Explain
justifying your answer. 2
What do you call the circulatory fluid in the body of cockroach? Mention its three functions. 2
Q11. Why d scientists pick hydrogen as the basis for MRI scanning? Name of the human body that
do not appear in an MRI scan. 2
Q12. What is thermal stratification? How does thermal stratification in temper ate lakes help in
rich growth of phytoplankton during autumn and spring turn-over’ 2
Q13. Where do PGA and glycine gain entry respectively after being formed during
photorespiration in plants? What happens to them immediately after? 2
Q14. What is meant by bioassay? Name the two bioassays that are used to examine auxin activity
in plants. 2
Q15. Explain CO2 compensation point. 2
SECTION - C
Q16. Define the following and give their values in a normal human adult: 3
a) Tidal volume
b) Expiratory reserve volume
c) Aspiratory capacity.
Q17. (i) How do grasslands differ from Savannas?
(ii) Name the two major categories of plant forms that dominate the desert vegetation. 3
Q18. Explain the Capillarity Theory in respect of ascent of water in plants. Name the tissue
Q19. Explain the initiation of muscle contraction. What is the role of Sarcoplasmic Reticulum,
Myosin head and F-action during contraction in striated muscles? 3
Q20. What is meant by ozone shield? Name two gases that can cause damage to this shield. Give
one harmful effect of this damage each on plants and animals. 3
Q21. Why is sub-culturing essential in plant tissue culture? 3
Explain the process of heterosis. How is it different from inbreeding depression?
Q22. Where and how is urea produced in ureotelic animals? What happens to the kidney filtrate in
descending loop of Henle and collecting tubules in humans? 3
Q23. Distinguish between epimorphic and morphallactic regeneration, giving one example of each.
Q24. Mention where the following are located in the human brain, and give one function of each: 3
a) Temporal lobe
c) Corpus callosum
Q25. Define innate immunity. Name and explain the category of barrier which involves
SECTION - D
Q26. What is the basis of classifying ‘cancer? Name and explain the different Categories of cancer.
Mention any two approaches for cancer treatment. 5
What is embryo culture? What is the objective of this culture? Describe the three applications of
Q27. Draw a diagram of the longitudinal section of a mature anatropous ovule and label any ten
parts in it. 5
Draw a flow-chart to show the hormonal control of the human male reproductive system,
highlighting the inhibitory and stimulatory directions in it.
Q28. Explain the process of biosynthetic phase of photosynthesis occurring in the chloroplast. 5
Describe the process of development of root nodules in a leguminous plant. Name the oxygen
scavenger molecule present in the root nodules.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Math 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Hindi 2013-SET-4
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2007
- ICSE Board Class 10 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology Sample Paper
- West Bengal Board Class 12 English Core Sample Paper Of 2011
- ICSE Board Class 10 Fashion Studies 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Math 2013
- CBSE Board Class 9 English Core 2007
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 History 2008
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2009
- CBSE Board 12th Class History Previous Year Question Paper
- CBSE Board 12th Biotechnology Syllabus
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Oriya (special)
- CBSE Board Class 11 Psychology
- CBSE Board Class 6 Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Business Studies
- Haryana Board Class 12 Math
- CBSE Board 12th Physics Syllabus
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Elements of Engineering
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Sanskrit
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Political Science