CBSE Board Class 12 Biology Previous Year Question Papers 2005
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2005 for Class 12 Biology
BIOLOGY (Theory) 2005
Time allowed : 3 hours Maximum Marks : 70
General Instructions :
(i) This question paper consists of four sections A, B, C and D. Section A contains
5 questions of one mark each, Section B is of 10 questions of two marks each,
Section C is of 10 questions of three marks each and Section D is of 3 questions
of five marks each.
(ii) All questions are compulsory.
(iii) There is no overall choice. However, an internal choice has been provided in one
question of 2 marks, one question of 3 marks and one question of 5 marks weightage.
Attempt only one of the choices in such questions.
(iv) Question numbers 1 to 5 are to be answered in one word or one sentence each.
(v) Question numbers 6 to 15 are to be answered in approximately 20-30 words each.
(vi) Question numbers 16 to 25 are to be answered in approximately 30-50 words each.
(vii) Question numbers 26 to 28 are to be answered in approximately 80-120 words
1. What would happen to the rate of photosynthesis in C 3 plants if the CO 2 concentration level almost doubles from its present level in the atmosphere ? 1
2. In humans, starch digestion begins in the buccal cavity but stops in the stomach. Why ? 1
3. Name the two most biodiversity-rich zones of India. 1
4. Name the hormone that makes the plants more tolerant to various stresses. 1
5. Name the two major groups of cells required in attaining specific immunity. 1
6. Name the end products of aerobic and anaerobic glycolysis. List two ways by which
molecules of ATP are produced in glycolysis during aerobic respiration in a cell. 2
7. Differentiate between Total Fertility Rate (TFR) and Replacement Level (RL). 3 s
8. Due to uncontrolled excessive hunting the population of tigers in a forest becomes zero.
Discuss the long-term effects of this situation on the population of deer in that forest. 2
9. Name the source gland of leutinising hormone (LH). Mention the other hormone along
with which it acts on its target cells/organ. Give their two functions. 2
10. Can all the four chambers of the human heart experience systole simultaneously?
Explain justifying your answer. 2
What do you call the circulatory fluid in the body of cockroach ? Mention its three
11. Why did scientists pick hydrogen as the basis for MRI scanning ? Name two parts of the
human body that do not appear in an MRI scan. 2
12. What is thermal stratification ? How does thermal stratification in temperate lakes help
in rich growth of phytoplankton during autumn and spring turn-over? 2
13. Where do PGA and glycine gain entry respectively after being formed during
photorespiration in plants ? What happens to them immediately after ? 2
14. What is meant by bioassay ? Name the two bioassays that are used to examine auxin
activity in plants. 2
15. Explain CO 2
compensation point. 2 CO2
16. Define the following and give their values in a normal human adult : 3
(i) Tidal volume
(ii) Expiratory reserve volume
(iii) Inspiratory capacity
17. (i) How do grasslands differ from Savannas ?
(ii) Name the two major categories of plant forms that dominate the desert vegetation. 3
18. Explain the Capillarity Theory in respect of ascent of water in plants. Name the tissue
19. Explain the initiation of muscle contraction. What is the role of Sarcoplasmic Reticulum,
Myosin head and F-Actin during contraction in striated muscles ? 3
20. What is meant by ozone shield ? Name two gases that can cause damage to this shield.
Give one harmful effect of this damage each on plants and animals. 3
21. Why is sub-culturing essential in plant tissue culture ? 3
Explain the process of heterosis. How is it different from inbreeding depression?
22. Where and how is urea produced in ureotelic animals ? What happens to the kidney
filtrate in descending loop of Henle and collecting tubules in humans ? 3
23. Distinguish between epimorphic and morphallactic regeneration, giving one example of
24. Mention where the following are located in the human brain, and give one function of
each : 3
(i) Temporal lobe
(iii) Corpus callosum
25. Define innate immunity. Name and explain the category of barrier which involves
26. What is the basis of classifying cancer ? Name and explain the different categories of
cancer. Mention any two approaches for cancer treatment. 5
What is embryo culture ? What is the objective of this culture ? Describe the three
applications of this technique.
27. Draw a diagram of the longitudinal section of a mature anatropous ovule and label any
ten parts in it. 5
Draw a flow-chart to show the hormonal control of the human male reproductive
system, highlighting the inhibitory and stimulatory directions in it.
28. Explain the process of biosynthetic phase of photosynthesis occurring in the chloroplast. 5
Describe the process of development of root nodules in a leguminous plant. Name the
oxygen scavenger molecule present in the root nodules.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Political Science 2013-SET-3
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Social Science 2008
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2005
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Physics 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 History 2013
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2007
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Accountancy 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2005
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Business Studies 2011
Previous Year Paper
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 10 Math 2011
- ICSE Board Class 10 History 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Home Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Elective 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Crop Production
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Bengali
- ICSE Board Class 10 Chemistry
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 National Cadet Corps (NCC)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Hindi (Special Language)
- Haryana Board Class 12 English Elective
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Functional English
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Elements of Engineering
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Geography
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Sindhi special