CBSE Board Class 11 Biology Previous Year Question Papers 2011
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2011 for Class 11 Biology
Subject – Biology
Class - XI
Time : 3 hours Max.Marks 70
1. All questions are compulsory.
2. This question paper consists of four Sections A, B, C and D. Section -A contains
8 questions of 1 mark each, Section -B is of 10 questions of 2 marks each,
Section -C has 9 questions of 3 marks each and Section D is of 3 questions of 5 marks each.
3. There is no overall choice .However, an internal choice has been provided
in one question of 2 marks, one question of 3 marks and all the three questions of
5 marks weightage . Attempt only one of the choices in such questions.
4. Wherever necessary, the diagrams drawn should be neat and properly labelled.
1. Identify the following cells . Where do you find them in the human body?
2. Why is cellulose considered a homopolymer? 
3. Differentiate between G1 and G2 phases of Interphase. 
4. A plant cell is kept in a hypotonic solution. What will happen to the solute potential
of this cell and why? 
5. Name the genus ,family, order and class to which Wheat belongs 
6. What is the economic importance of the following and to which family they belong?
[a] Indigofera [b] Colchicine 
7. How is the gizzard in the alimentary canal of a cockroach suitable for grinding the
8. The Respiratory Quotient of a substance is only 0.7 .With the help of the equation
prove it. 
9. Name the most widely used compound, as a source of ethylene. List its functions in tomato ,walnut and cucumber. 
10. In what form is potassium absorbed by the plants. Write four functions
of potassium in plants. 
11. Living state and metabolism are synonymous.Comment. 
12. A B C
Name the three arrangements of leaves shown on different stems. What is it called as? Give one example of each kind. 
13. Two groups ( A and B ) of bean plants of similar size and same leaf area were
placed in identical conditions. Group A was exposed to light of wavelength
400 – 450 nm and Group B to light of wavelength 500 – 550 nm. Compare the photosynthetic rate of the two groups giving reason. 
14. What is the technical name of fungi imperfecti ? Why is it so called? State two
characters of it and give two examples of the same. 
15. Experiments were carried out to investigate the action of two enzymes at different
pH values .All experiments were carried out at 37 degrees for 20 minutes.
[a] What interpretation can you draw from the graph?
[b] What happens to the pepsin reaction between pH 4 and 5 ?Why?
Observe the given graph and answer 
16. The given diagram shows a cell organelle. List its importance for our survival.
17. Write four ways by which an earthworm is economically useful. 
18. What is wood botanically ? Differentiate between hard and soft wood.
Write the floral formula of an actinomorphic ,bisexual ,hypogynous flower with five
united sepals, five free petals, five free stamens and two united carpels with superior
ovary and axile placentation. 
19. The dominant phase of spirogyra is free living gametophyte whereas as in the gymnosperm the gametophyte is dependant . Illustrate the differences between the
two life cycles. 
20. Name the animal given below .Write its phylum and describe the general features
of the phylum. 
21. Based on the position of calyx ,corolla and androecium in respect of the ovary
on thalamus ,the flowers can be described in three ways. 
22. Connective tissues are classified into three kinds. Describe each kind. 
23. The diagram shows two cells : Name the part A and explain its function and structure.
Is the function and structure same in both the cells
24. Organic chemists describe it as two dimensional view of the molecule ,physicists
conjure up a three dimensional view of the molecule while the biologists describe
it as a four level molecule. Which molecule is being focused on? Describe its
structure and function. 
25. Where does glycolysis occur in a cell? Explain its different steps.
Briefly describe the fate of ammonia in plants . Give the reactions 
26. Define [i] Differentiation [ii] Redifferentiation [iii] Dedifferentiation.
Where do they take place? 
Figure shows the effect of light on the rate of photosynthesis. Based on the graph,
Answer the following questions.
[a] At which point(s) ( A, B, or C) ,in the curve is light a limiting factor?
[b] What could be the limiting factor(s) in the region A?
[c] What do C and D represent on the curve? 
28. Why do C3 plants suffer from photorespiratory losses? Explain the mechanism of
Explain the formation of root nodule in a legume plant? Why is it pinkish in colour?
Give its advantage. 
29. Describe the events that occur during Prophase I
Explain any five classes of enzymes. 
30. Describe the family solonaceae with floral formula and floral diagram.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 11 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Accountancy 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Math For 2008
- Tamilnadu Board Class 12 Biology Sample Paper Of 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2008
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Yoga 2008
- Tamilnadu Board Class 10 Science Sample Paper Of 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2009
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Geography 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Social Science 2013
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2005
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2007
- CBSE Board 12 Political Science Previous Year Question Paper 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 Functional English 2007
- CBSE Board 12th Class History Previous Year Question Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2011
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Political Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Fine Arts
- Haryana Board Class 12 Psychology
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Computer Science
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Business Studies
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Geography
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Economics
- CBSE Board Class 11 Psychology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Urdu Core
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Home Science