CBSE Board Class 11 Biology Sample Papers 2010
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2010 for Class 11 Biology
Class – XI
Time: 3 Hrs M.M: 70
a. All questions are compulsory.
b. The question paper consists of 30 questions divided into four sections A, B, C and D. The section A
contains 1-8 questions of 1mark each, the section B consists of 9-18 questions of 2 marks each,
the section C has19-27 questions of 3 marks each and section D includes 28- 30 question of
5 marks each.
c. There is no overall choice. However, internal choice has been provided in one question of 2
marks each, in one question of 3 marks each and in all the three questions of 5 marks each. You are
to attempt only one of the two alternatives in case of an internal choice question.
d. Wherever necessary, the diagrams drawn should be neat, bold and properly labeled.
Section - A
01. Why slime moulds are called as fungus-animals?
02. Which hormone is known as an immunosuppressive and a stress hormone?
03. Name the enzyme secreted by the stomach of infants. What is the role of same enzyme in digestion?
04. What is the first stage of mosses develops directly from a spore? Give one characteristic of the same
05. What is taxon.
06. What is mycoplasma? What is the other name for them?
07. What is the cause of erythroblastosis foetalis?
08. What is GLUT-4. Give the role of GLUT-4 in cell.
Section - B
09. What is fungi imperfecti? Give out line classification of kingdom fungi.
10. Give the botanical name of a plant of family solanceae. Show the floral formula and floral diagram
of the same plant.
11. What is corpus callosum.
Give the total number of pairs of motor and sensory nerves in a human being.
12. What is endomembrane system? Give two examples of the related cell organelle?
13. What is a nucleotide ? The adenine in a DNA molecule is 10%, Find out the amount
of guanine in this DNA.
14. Why is Kreb’s cycle is known as amphibolic pathway.
15. Give the names of the various forms of aestivation in the same order as depicted
in the following diagrams giving one example of each type.
16. Describe the functions of the plastids.
17. Draw the erythrocytic cycle of malarial parasite in a human being.
What are chrysophytes? Give example and some characteristic of chrysophytes.
18. Identify the following animal and give the zoological name and phylum of this animal. Give two
unique feature of the phylum it belongs to..
Section - C
19. What are different types of neurons? Explain with example of each type?
20. What is Km value for an enzyme? How enzyme inhibitor affect the enzymes.
How sulfa drugs help in inhibition of bacterial growth.
21. What is meant by biological nitrogen fixation? Give chemical reaction of nitrogen conversion in to
ammonia. Give role of leghemoglobin in nitrogen fixation.
22. In most plants the terminal bud suppresses the development of nearby lateral buds. What is this
phenomenon called as? Name the phytohormone that can promote this phenomenon. Name a
gaseous plant hormone and mention its three different actions on plants.
23. The following diagram shows CO2 assimilation in sugarcane leaves. Name the components
marked as 1, 2, 3 and 4 in the diagram. Why this plant is said to have dimorphic chloroplasts.
24. What are ERV and IRV? Give various steps involves in respiration.
25. Give the full form of ADH. Name the gland that secretes it. It is released under what condition of the
body? What is its role in forming hypertonic urine? What is the disease caused due to the failure of
26. Name and explain three phases of Calvin cycle. Where does this cycle takes place in a cell.
27. Give outline classification of chordates with example of each major group. Give two diagnostic
characters of chordata.
Give outline classification of plant kingdom with examples of each major group. Give two
diagnostic characters of gymnosperms.
Section - D
28. What is cardiac cycle? Describe various steps of cardiac cycle with reference of heart sounds.
What is the modern theory of opening and closing of stomata?
29. (i) Following are diagrams of vascular bundle. Identify the vascular bundle. Give one example of this vascular bundle.
(ii) What are the functions of mast cell.
(iii) What is cork?
Draw a well labeled diagram of digestive system of frog. What is the role of lymph heart in circulation of lymph? There is no lymph heart in human being than how circulation of lymph takes place in human being.
30. Describe the sequence of the events in mitosis.
Describe the electron microscope structure of biomembrane and the two models proposed to explain.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 11 Now
Board Sample Paper
- ICSE Board Class 10 Math 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Book keeping & Accountancy 2013
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 History 2013
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2011
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Economics 2008
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Economics 2005
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Functional English 2011
- CBSE Board Business Studies Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Accountancy 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Sociology 2013
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Functional English 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Accountancy 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Elective 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Business Studies
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Marathi
- ICSE Board Class 11 History
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Science & Technology
- Maharashtra Board Class 11 Physics syllabus
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Sindhi
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Fine Arts
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Business Studies
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Biotechnology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Oriya (special)