CBSE Board Class 11 Biology Sample Papers 2009
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2009 for Class 11 Biology
Class – XI
Subject – Biology
Time: 3 Hrs M.M: 70
a. All questions are compulsory.
b. The question paper consists of 30 questions divided into four sections A, B, C and D. The section A
contains 1-8 questions of 1mark each, the section B consists of 9-18 questions of 2 marks each,
the section C has19-27 questions of 3 marks each and section D includes 28- 30 question of
5 marks each.
c. There is no overall choice. However, internal choice has been provided in one question of 2
marks each, in one question of 3 marks each and in all the three questions of 5 marks each. You are
to attempt only one of the two alternatives in case of an internal choice question.
d. Wherever necessary, the diagrams drawn should be neat, bold and properly labeled.
Section - A
01. Expand ICBN and ICZN.
02. What are phanerogams? What is the other name for them?
03. The term “cell is actually a misnomer”. Explain it in one sentence.
04. Why is the spleen known as blood bank?
05. Why slime moulds are called as fungus-animals?
06. Which hormone is known as an immunosuppressive and a stress hormone?
07. Name the enzyme secreted by the digestive system of a man to digest proteins in acidic and alkaline
08. What are liverworts? Why are they so called?
Section - B
09. What is GERL system? Give two functions of the related cell organelle?
10. What is a palindromic region of DNA? The adenine in a DNA molecule is 20%, Find out the amount
of guanine in this DNA.
11. A nerve cell releases 36 ATPs whereas a kidney cell releases 38 ATPs by complete oxidation of one
gram mole of glucose. Explain why it is so?
12. What is fungi imperfecti? Give out line classification of kingdom fungi.
13. Give the botanical name of a plant of family fabaceae. Show the floral formula and floral diagram of
the same plant.
14. Name any one cranial nerve that controls eye ball movement. Is this nerve a sensory, a motor or a
mixed one? Give the total number of pairs of motor and sensory nerves in a human being.
15. Give the names of the three forms of the thalamus or floral insertion in the same order as depicted
in the following diagrams giving one example of each type.
16. Describe the functions of the endoplasmic reticulum.
17. Draw the erythrocytic cycle of malarial parasite in a human being.
What is the basis of division of protozoan protists? Give names of all groups of protozoan protest
with basic structure of each.
18. Identify the following animal and give the zoological name and phylum of this animal. Give two
unique feature of the phylum it belongs to..
Section - C
19. What is synapse? Explain how nerve impulse is transmitted across a synapse?
20. Describe the induced-fit hypothesis for mode of enzyme action. Pepsinogen, a proteinase enzyme of
stomach is an exoenzyme or an endoenzyme? How sulfa drugs help in inhibition of bacterial growth.
21. What is meant by biological nitrogen fixation? Explain the process of biological nitrogen fixation.
Give role of leghemoglobin in nitrogen fixation.
22. In most plants the terminal bud suppresses the development of nearby lateral buds. What is this
phenomenon called as? Name the phytohormone that can promote this phenomenon. Name a
gaseous plant hormone and mention its three different actions on plants.
23. The following diagram shows CO2 assimilation in sugarcane leaves. Name the components
marked as 1, 2, 3 and 4 in the diagram. Why this plant is said to have dimorphic chloroplasts.
24. What are tidal volume and vital capacity? List any two categories of people which possess higher
25. Give the full form of ADH. Name the gland that secretes it. It is released under what condition of the
body? What is its role in forming hypertonic urine? What is the disease caused due to the failure of
26. Name and explain three phases of Calvin cycle. Where does this cycle takes place in a cell.
Section - D
27. What are the two heart sounds? How are these sounds produced? What is the function of chordae
tendineae in a heart? Why right ventricular wall is thinner than the left ventricular wall?
What is ascent of sap? Give the most acceptable theory of ascent of sap in higher plants.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 11 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2011
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Physics Sample Paper Of 2012
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Science 2007
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Political Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 9 Science 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 English Core 2013-SET-4
- CBSE Board Class 10 Biology 2007 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Biology 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Economics 2013
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2011
- ICSE Board Class 10 Biology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12th Business Studies Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Home Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2009
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Agriculture
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Political Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Political Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Oriya
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Sindhi special
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Painting
- West Bengal Board Class 10 Syllabus Of History
- Haryana Board Class 12 English Core
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Geography
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physical Education