CBSE Board Class 11 Biology Sample Papers 2005
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2005 for Class 11 Biology
Time: 3 Hr M.M. 70
1. All question are compulsory.
2. The question paper consists of four sections A,B,C and D. Section A
contains 8 question of 1 mark each. Section B is of 10 questions of 2 marks
each. Section C has 9 questions of 3 marks each where as Section D is of 3
question of 5 marks each.
3. There is no overall choice. However, an internal choice has been provided
in one question of 2 marks, one question of 3 marks and one question of 5
marks weightage. A student has to attempt only one of the alternatives in
4. Wherever necessary, the diagrams drawn should be neat and properly
[Section - A]
Q. 1. What do you understand by the term taxonomic hierarchy?
Q. 2. What are Halophiles? How Halophile have unique mode of energy intake.
Q. 3. What are Dinoflagellates?
Q. 4. What are the normal values of blood pressure in the artery?
Q. 5. What are swarm cells? Where do you find them in slime moulds?
Q. 6. Which is causing agent, and vector of the sleeping sickness?
Q. 7. Name the enzyme secreted by the small intestine that activates the pancreatic
Q. 8. Differentiate between N, 2N and N+ N conditions.
[Section - B]
Q. 9. Which hormone is known as birth hormone and why?
Q.10. What is Binomial nomenclature? Give two basic rule of binomial nomenclature?
Q.11. Explain the role of heterocyst in Cynobacteria. Give the term formerly use for
Q.12. What is heterothallism? Give one example of heterothallism.
Q.13. Give the botanical name of a plant of family Solanaceae. Show the floral formulae
and floral diagram of same plant.
Q.14. Where does cerebrospinal fluid occur in our body? Mention any two of its
Q.15. Give three form of thalamus as regards of insertion of pistil and perianth or other
floral organ and give example of each type.
Q.16. Draw a well labeled diagram of digestive system of frog.
Q.17. Draw life cycle of Malarial parasite.
Draw a well labeled diagram of mitochondria.
Q.18. Identify the following animal, give zoological name and phylum of this animal.
Give two unique feature of same phylum.
[Section - C]
Q.19. What is nerve impulse? Describe the conduction of nerve impulse in a non
medullary and medullary nerve fiber.
Q.20. What is meant by sympathetic co adrenal system? Give function of adrenal gland
during emergency condition of a person.
Q.21. Explain the formation of root nodule in a legume plant? Why is it pinkish in
Give its advantage
Q.22. Describe role of joints in body movement. Give example of two synovial joint
with direction of bone movement in locomotion of a student.
Q.23. What do you mean by term short day and long day plant. Why these term are
Q.24. How Co 2 transport in our body?
Q.25. Briefly state the mechanism of urine formation in human kidney. ( Word to PDF Converter - Unregistered )
Q.26. Draw the flow diagram of Calvin cycle.
Q.27. Give unique feature of phylum Echinodermata and Cnidaria. What are the basis of
the name Echinodermata and Cnidaria of these phyla? Give two example of each
Give name of type of Placentation and Aestivation with example of each type:
[Section - D]
Q.28. (a) How many molecules of ATP and how many molecules of NADPH are
produced by one molecules of fructose 1,6 bi phosphate in glycolysis ?
(b) Draw main steps of Krebs’ cycle.
What is ascent of sap? Give most acceptable theory of ascent of sap in higher
Q.29. What is Digestion? What are endopeptidases and exopeptidases. How protein
digest in our body.
(a) What is cork cambium? Give the name of tissue form by cork cambium.
(b) Draw T.S. of part of a typical monocot root.
(c) What are fairy rings?
Q.30. Describe following terms.
(A) Annual rings in plants (B) Venation in plant leaf
(C) Stigmata in cockroach (D) Cocoon in earthworm
(E) Dry bone
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 11 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 9 Social Science 2010
- ICSE Board Class 10 Physics 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry 2013
- Karnataka Board Class 10 Home Science Sample Paper Of 2011
- CBSE Board Class 9 Social Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship 2008
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Accountancy 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2007
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Science 2011
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board 12 Chemistry Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2008
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Chemistry Previous Year Question paper of 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2005
- Haryana Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Geography
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Malayalam(Special)
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 English Core
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Urdu Core
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Tamil
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Economics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 English (Special Language)
- Maharashtra Board Class 12 Physics
- CBSE Board 12th Accountancy Syllabus