CBSE Board Math Syllabus for Class 7
CBSE Board Syllabus for Class 7 Math
(i) Knowing our Numbers:Integers
• Multiplication and division of integers (through patterns). Division by zero is meaningless
• Properties of integers (including identities for addition & multiplication, commutative, associative, distributive) (through patterns).
These would include examples from whole numbers as well. Involve expressing commutative and associative properties in a general form. Construction of counterexamples, including some by children. Counter examples like subtraction is not commutative.
• Word problems including integers (all operations)
(ii) Fractions and rational numbers:
• Multiplication of fractions
• Fraction as an operator
• Reciprocal of a fraction
• Division of fractions
• Word problems involving mixed fractions
• Introduction to rational numbers (with representation on number line)
• Operations on rational numbers (all operations)
• Representation of rational number as a decimal.
• Word problems on rational numbers (all operations)
• Multiplication and division of decimal fractions
• Conversion of units (length & mass)
• Word problems (including all operations)
• Exponents only natural numbers.
• Laws of exponents (through observing patterns to arrive at generalisation.)
(i) am an am+n
(ii) (am)n =amn
(iii) am/an = am-n, where m - n ∈ Ν
• Generate algebraic expressions (simple) involving one or two variables
• Identifying constants, coefficient, powers
• Like and unlike terms, degree of expressions e.g., x2y etc. (exponent ≤ 3, number of variables )
• Addition, subtraction of algebraic expressions (coefficients should be integers).
• Simple linear equations in one variable (in contextual problems) with two operations (avoid complicated coefficients)
Ratio and Proportion (20 hrs)
• Ratio and proportion (revision)
• Unitary method continued, consolidation, general expression.
• Percentage- an introduction.
• Understanding percentage as a fraction with denominator 100
• Converting fractions and decimals into percentage and vice-versa.
• Application to profit and loss (single transaction only)
• Application to simple interest (time period in complete years).
(i) Understanding shapes:
• Pairs of angles (linear, supplementary, complementary, adjacent, vertically opposite) (verification and simple proof of vertically opposite angles)
• Properties of parallel lines with transversal (alternate,corresponding, interior, exterior angles)
(ii) Properties of triangles:
• Angle sum property (with notions of proof & verification through paper folding, proofs using property of parallel lines, difference between proof and verification.)
• Exterior angle property
• Sum of two sides of a it's third side
• Pythagoras Theorem (Verification only)
• Recalling reflection symmetry
• Idea of rotational symmetry, observations of rotational symmetry of 2-D objects. (90o, 120o, 180o)
• Operation of rotation through 90o and 180o of simple figures.
• Examples of figures with both rotation and reflection symmetry (both operations)
• Examples of figures that have reflection and rotation symmetry and vice-versa
(iv) Representing 3-D in 2-D:
• Drawing 3-D figures in 2-D showing hidden faces.
• Identification and counting of vertices, edges, faces, nets (for cubes cuboids, and cylinders, cones).
• Matching pictures with objects (Identifying names)
• Mapping the space around approximately through visual estimation.
• Congruence through superposition (examplesblades, stamps, etc.)
• Extend congruence to simple geometrical shapes e.g. triangles, circles.
• Criteria of congruence (by verification) SSS, SAS, ASA, RHS
(vi) Construction (Using scale, protractor, compass)
• Construction of a line parallel to a given line from a point outside it.(Simple proof as remark with the reasoning of alternate angles)
• Construction of simple triangles. Like given three sides, given a side and two angles on it, given two sides and the angle between them.
• Revision of perimeter, Idea of , Circumference of Circle Area Concept of measurement using a basic unit area of a square, rectangle, triangle, parallelogram and circle, area between two rectangles and two concentric circles.
Data handling (15 hrs)
(i) Collection and organisation of data – choosing the data to collect for a hypothesis testing.
(ii) Mean, median and mode of ungrouped data – understanding what they represent.
(iii) Constructing bargraphs
(iv) Feel of probability using data through experiments. Notion of chance in events like tossing coins, dice etc. Tabulating and counting occurrences of 1 through 6 in a number of throws. Comparing the observation with that for a coin.Observing strings of throws, notion of randomness.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Syllabus for class 7 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Math For 2009
- Tamilnadu Board Class 10 English Core Sample Paper Of 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Element of Science 2013-SET-2
- Tamilnadu Board Class 12 Biology Sample Paper Of 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Introductory Information Technology 2013-SET-2
- CBSE Board Class 10 Biology 2010
- Gujarat Board Class 12 English Core 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Geography 2013
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2007
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Punjabi (Special)
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Economics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindi (Special Language)
- Maharashtra Board Class 12 Botany syllabus
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Social Science
- Manipur Board Class 9 Nepali
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Political Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Political Science
- Samacheer Kalvi Class 10 Science
- Manipur Board Class 9 Hmar