CBSE Board Business Studies Syllabus for Class 12
CBSE Board Syllabus for Class 12 Business Studies
Part A : Principles and Functions of Management
1. Introduction to Management
2. Principles of Management
3. Business Environment
Part B: Business Finance and Marketing
9. Financial Management
10. Financial Markets
11. Marketing Management
12. Consumer Protection
Part C : Project
Part A: Principles and Functions of Management
Unit I: Nature and significance of Management
1.Management - concept, objectives and importance
2.Management as Science, Art and Profession.
3.Levels of management
4.Management functions - planning, organising, staffing, directing and controlling.
5.Coordination - concept, characteristics and importance.
Unit 2: Principles of Management
1.Principles of Management - concept, nature and significance
2.Fayol’s principles of management
3.Taylor’s Scientific Management - principles and techniques
Unit 3: Management and Business Environment
1.Business Environment - concept and importance
2.Dimensions of Business Environment - Economic, Social, Technological, Political and Legal
3.Impact of Government policy changes on business with special reference to liberalization, privatization and globalisation in India.
Unit 4: Planning
1.Concept, importance and limitations
3.Single use and Standing Plans - Objectives, Strategy, Policy, Procedure, Method, Rule, Budget and Programme.
Unit 5: Organising
1.Concept and importance.
3.Structure of organization - functional and divisional.
4.Formal and informal organization.
5.Delegation: concept, elements and importance.
6.Decentralization: concept and importance.
Unit 6: Staffing
1.Concept and importance of staffing
2.Staffing as a part of Human Resource Management
3.Staffing process :
• Recruitment - sources
• Selection - process
4.Training and Development - Concept and importance. Methods of training- on the job and off the job- Induction training, vestibule training, apprenticeship training and internship training.
Unit 7: Directing
1.Concept and importance
2.Elements of Directing
- Supervision - concept, functions of a supervisor.
- Motivation - concept, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs; Financial and non-financial
- Leadership - concept, styles - authoritative, democratic and laissen faire.
- Communication - concept , formal and informal communication; barriers to effective communication, how to overcome the barriers.
Unit 8: Controlling
1.Concept, nature and importance
2.Relationship between planning and controlling
3.Steps in the process of control
Part B : Business Finance and Marketing
Unit 9: Financial Management
1.Concept and objectives of financial management.
2.Financial decisions : investment, financing and dividend and factors affecting.
3.Financial planning - concept and importance.
4.Capital Structure - concept and factors affecting.
5.Fixed and Working Capital - concept and factors affecting their requirements.
Unit 10: Financial Markets
1.Financial Markets: concept and types.
2.Money market and its instruments.
3.Capital market and its types (primary and secondary).
4.Stock Exchange - functions and training procedure. Depository Services and D'mat Account.
5.Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) - objectives and functions.
Unit 11: Marketing Management
1.Marketing - concept and functions.
2.Marketing management philosophies.
3.Marketing Mix - concept
- Product - concept, branding, labeling and packaging.
- Price - factors determining price.
- Physical distribution- concept, channels of distribution: types, choice of channels.
- Promotion -concept and elements; advertising- concept, role, objections against advertising, personal selling - concept and qualities of a good salesman,sales promotion - concept and techniques, public relations - concept and role.
Unit 12: Consumer Protection
1.Concept and importance of consumer protection.
2.Consumer Protection Act 1986
- Meaning of consumer and consumer protection.
- Rights and responsibilities of consumers
- Who can file a complaint and against whom?
- Redressal machinery.
- Remedies available.
3.Consumer awareness - Role of consumer organizations and NGO's
Unit 13: Project Work