CBSE Board Business Studies Syllabus for Class 12
CBSE Board Syllabus for Class 12 Business Studies
Part A : Principles and Functions of Management
1. Introduction to Management
2. Principles of Management
3. Business Environment
Part B: Business Finance and Marketing
9. Financial Management
10. Financial Markets
11. Marketing Management
12. Consumer Protection
Part C : Project
Part A: Principles and Functions of Management
Unit I: Nature and significance of Management
1.Management - concept, objectives and importance
2.Management as Science, Art and Profession.
3.Levels of management
4.Management functions - planning, organising, staffing, directing and controlling.
5.Coordination - concept, characteristics and importance.
Unit 2: Principles of Management
1.Principles of Management - concept, nature and significance
2.Fayol’s principles of management
3.Taylor’s Scientific Management - principles and techniques
Unit 3: Management and Business Environment
1.Business Environment - concept and importance
2.Dimensions of Business Environment - Economic, Social, Technological, Political and Legal
3.Impact of Government policy changes on business with special reference to liberalization, privatization and globalisation in India.
Unit 4: Planning
1.Concept, importance and limitations
3.Single use and Standing Plans - Objectives, Strategy, Policy, Procedure, Method, Rule, Budget and Programme.
Unit 5: Organising
1.Concept and importance.
3.Structure of organization - functional and divisional.
4.Formal and informal organization.
5.Delegation: concept, elements and importance.
6.Decentralization: concept and importance.
Unit 6: Staffing
1.Concept and importance of staffing
2.Staffing as a part of Human Resource Management
3.Staffing process :
• Recruitment - sources
• Selection - process
4.Training and Development - Concept and importance. Methods of training- on the job and off the job- Induction training, vestibule training, apprenticeship training and internship training.
Unit 7: Directing
1.Concept and importance
2.Elements of Directing
- Supervision - concept, functions of a supervisor.
- Motivation - concept, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs; Financial and non-financial
- Leadership - concept, styles - authoritative, democratic and laissen faire.
- Communication - concept , formal and informal communication; barriers to effective communication, how to overcome the barriers.
Unit 8: Controlling
1.Concept, nature and importance
2.Relationship between planning and controlling
3.Steps in the process of control
Part B : Business Finance and Marketing
Unit 9: Financial Management
1.Concept and objectives of financial management.
2.Financial decisions : investment, financing and dividend and factors affecting.
3.Financial planning - concept and importance.
4.Capital Structure - concept and factors affecting.
5.Fixed and Working Capital - concept and factors affecting their requirements.
Unit 10: Financial Markets
1.Financial Markets: concept and types.
2.Money market and its instruments.
3.Capital market and its types (primary and secondary).
4.Stock Exchange - functions and training procedure. Depository Services and D'mat Account.
5.Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) - objectives and functions.
Unit 11: Marketing Management
1.Marketing - concept and functions.
2.Marketing management philosophies.
3.Marketing Mix - concept
- Product - concept, branding, labeling and packaging.
- Price - factors determining price.
- Physical distribution- concept, channels of distribution: types, choice of channels.
- Promotion -concept and elements; advertising- concept, role, objections against advertising, personal selling - concept and qualities of a good salesman,sales promotion - concept and techniques, public relations - concept and role.
Unit 12: Consumer Protection
1.Concept and importance of consumer protection.
2.Consumer Protection Act 1986
- Meaning of consumer and consumer protection.
- Rights and responsibilities of consumers
- Who can file a complaint and against whom?
- Redressal machinery.
- Remedies available.
3.Consumer awareness - Role of consumer organizations and NGO's
Unit 13: Project Work
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Syllabus for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 9 Social Science 2011
- Tamilnadu Board Class 10 English Core Sample Paper Of 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Business Economics 2013-SET-2
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Geography 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2005
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2010
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies Previous Year Question Paper 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2009
- ICSE Board Class 12 Economics
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 French
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Sociology
- Gujarat Board Class 9 Social Science
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Psychology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Persian
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Agriculture
- Haryana Board Class 10 Computer Science
- Manipur Board Class 9 Nepali
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Urdu (special)