CBSE Board Accountancy Syllabus for Class 12
CBSE Board Syllabus for Class 12 Accountancy
Part A : Accounting for Partnership Firms and Companies
1. Accounting for Partnership Firms - Fundamentals
2. Accounting for Partnership Firms - Reconstitution and Dissolution
3. Accounting for Share Capital
4. Accounting for Debentures
Part B: Financial Statement Analysis
5. Analysis of Financial Statements
6. Cash Flow Statement
7. Project Work
Unit 1 : Project File
Unit 2 : Written Test
Unit 3 : Viva Voce’
Part C: Computerized Accounting
5. Overview of Computerized Accounting System
6. Accounting Applications of Electronic Spread sheet
7. Using Computerized Accounting System
8. Data Base Management System
9. Practical Work
Unit 1 : File
Unit 2 : Practical Examination
Unit 3 : Viva Voce'
PART A: Accounting for Partnership Firms and Companies
Unit 1. Accounting for Partnership firms - Fundamentals
• Partnership : features, Partnership deed.
• Provisions of the Indian Partnership Act 1932 in the absence of partnership deed.
• Fixed v/s fluctuating capital accounts, division of profit among partners, guarantee of profits,
past adjustments (relating to interest on capital, interest on drawing, salary and profit sharing
ratio), preparation of P&L Appropriation account.
• Goodwill: nature, factors affecting and methods of valuation - average profit, super profit,
Unit 2. Accounting for Partnership firms - Reconstitution and Dissolution
• Change in the Profit Sharing Ratio among the existing partners - sacrificing ratio, gaining
ratio. Accounting for revaluation of assets and re-assessment of liabilities and distribution
of reserves and accumulated profits.
• Admission of a partner - effect of admission of a partner on change in the profit sharing
ratio, treatment of goodwill (as per AS 26), treatment for revaluation of assets and re -
assessment of liabilities, treatment of reserves and accumulated profits, adjustment of capital
accounts and preparation of balance sheet
• Retirement and death of a partner: effect of retirement /death of a partner on change in
profit sharing ratio, treatment of goodwill, treatment for revaluation of assets and re -
assessment of liabilities, adjustment of accumulated profits and reserves. calculation of
deceased partner's share of profit till the date of death. Preparation of deceased partner's
capital account, executor's account and preparation of balance sheet
• Dissolution of partnership firms: types of dissolution of firm. Settlement of accounts -
preparation of realization account, and other related accounts (excluding piecemeal
distribution, sale to a company and insolvency of partner's firm) .
Unit 3. Accounting for share Capital
• Share and share capital : nature and types
• Accounting for share capital: issue and allotment of equity shares, private placement of
shares, Public subscription of shares - over subscription and under subscription of shares;
Issue at par and at premium and at discount, calls in advance and arrears, issue of shares
for consideration other than cash.
• Accounting treatment of forfeiture and re-issue of shares.
• Disclosure of share capital in company's Balance Sheet only.
Unit 4. Accounting for Debentures
• Debentures: Issue of debentures at par, `at premium and at discount. Issue of debentures
for consideration other than cash, debentures as collateral security, interest on debentures
• Redemption of debentures : Lump sum, draw of lots and conversion.
PART B: Financial Statement Analysis
Unit5. Analysis of financial Statements
• Financial statements of a company: balance sheet of a company in the prescribed form
with major headings and sub headings (as per schedule VI to the Companies Act 1956).
• Financial Statement Analysis: objectives and limitations.
• Tools for Financial Statement Analysis: comparative statements, common size statements,
cash flow analysis, ratio analysis.
• Accounting Ratios: objectives and classification.
• Liquidity ratios: current ratio and quick ratio.
• Solvency Ratios: Debt to Equity Ratio, Total Asset to Debt Ratio, Proprietary Ratio,
Interest Coverage Ratio.
• Activity ratios: Stock Turnover Ratio, Debtors Turnover Ratio, Creditors Turnover Ratio,
Working Capital Turnover Ratio.
• Profitability Ratios : Gross Profit Ratio, Operating Ratio, Operating Profit Ratio, Net
Profit Ratio and Return on Investment.
Unit 6. Cash Flow Statement
• Meaning, objectives and preparation (as per AS 3 revised) (Indirect Method)
Unit7. Project work
• Kindly refer to the Guidelines published by the CBSE.
Part C: Computerised Accounting
Unit 5 Overview of Computerised Accounting System
• Introduction : Application in Accounting
• Features of Computerised Accounting System
• Structure of CAS
• Software Packages:
Unit 6 Accounting Application of Electronic Spread Sheet
• Concept of Electronic Spreadsheet
• Features offered by Electronic Spreadsheet
• Application in Generating Accounting Information I
• Data Presentation
• Graphs, Charts and Diagrams
Unit 7 Using Computerized Accounting System
• Steps in installation of CAS, codification and Hierarchy of account heads, creation of
• Data : Entry, Validation and Verification
• Adjusting entries, preparation of balance sheet, profit and loss account with closing entries
and opening entries
• Need and security features of the system
Unit 8 Database Management System (DBMS)
• Concept and Features of DBMS
• DBMS in Business Application
• Generating Accounting Information 1
• Generating Accounting Information 2
• Debtors and Creditors
• Bank Reconciliation Statement
• Asset Accounting
• Inventory Accounting
Unit 9. Practical Work
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Syllabus for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2005
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Social Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Biology For 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 English (Special Language) 2013
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Accountancy 2008
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Biology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Hindi 2013-2
Previous Year Paper
- ICSE Board Class 10 History 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biotechnology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2007
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Business Studies
- CBSE Board Class 11 Social Science Business Studies
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Informatics Practices
- Tamilnadu Board Class 12 Biology
- West Bengal Board Class 12 Syllabus For Psychology
- Haryana Board Class 12 Business Studies
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Urdu Core
- Gujarat Board Class 11 History
- ICSE Board Class 11 Sociology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Socially Useful Productive Work