Andhra Pradesh Board Class 10 Science Sample Papers 2011
Andhra Pradesh Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 10 Science
CLASS 10 SCIENCE
1. Due to heavy traffic near the school the department of traffic police wants to install automatic traffic lights. This can be done by using the Principle of 1 x 10 = 10
a) Raman effect b) Radiography c)Holography d) Photoelectric effect
2. Water is to be sterilized for drinking purpose without using any chemicals this can be done by using
a) u v rays b) visible light c) short wave length radio waves d) long wave length Radio waves
3. In a heat engine the linear motion of the Piston is converted into rotation by the component
a) spark plug b) Carburettor c) Crank shaft d) Fuel injection pump
4. An engineer wants to design an engine to convert 800KJ of heat into 840KJ of useful mechanical work. The correct statement related to the above engine is that it
a) is less efficient b) is more efficient c) cannot be designed d) is 100% efficient
5. An astrophysics Scientist observes that galaxy 'A' is more red shifted than galaxy 'B'. The conclusion that can be drawn from this is that
a) the velocity of 'A' is more than 'B' b) the velocity of 'B' is more than 'A'
c) both the galaxies have equal velocity d) both the galaxies are at rest.
6. In an nuclear reactor, the number of cadmium rods used are less than the required number. Then one of the possibilities is
a) the reactor may explode b) the chain reaction stops
c) number of fissions decrease d) the number of neutrons decrease
7. If emission test is required for an L.P.G run auto rickshaw, the availability of oxygen in moles for combustion of one mole of butane is
a) less than 5 b) between 8.5 and 9.5
c) between 9.5 and 10.5 d) more than 10.5
8. In a soap industry the chemist forgets to add sodium chloride during the manufacture of soap, the possible effect is
a) soap cannot be easily separated b) chemical composition of soap changes
c) soap will not get required colour d) the solubility of soap increases.
9. Borosilicate glass is used to make school laboratory equipments because it
a) is highly transparent b) with stands sudden changes in the temperature and transparent
c) has high refractive index d) absorbs radiations
10. Using sodium hydroxide as one of the raw materials it is possible to prepare
a) soaps and detergents b) cement and ceramics
c) glass and plastics d) cement and glass
11. A p-n junction allows current to pass in one direction this is called_____ 1 x 3 = 3
12. Rader gun works on the principle of______
13. The device which converts light energy into electrical energy is______
14. A cyclist going round a curve leans towards the centre of the curve. Give reason 1 x 6 = 6
15. What is a centrifugal governer?
16. What is the colour of the star Betelgeuse?
17. Mention the purpose of using a plane glass sheet in a solar cooker?
18. How does the pressure cooker help in saving energy?
19. Write the balnced chemical equation of the reaction between sodium carbonate and calcium chloride
20. Write any two factors on which the induced EMF depends 2 x 9 = 18
21. Draw a neat sketch of D.C. Dynamo
22. What is electromagnetic spectrum?
23.a) Name the electromagnetic radiations which has
1. the lowest frequency and
2. lowest wavelength
24. Draw a neat sketch to show the exhaust stroke of an external combustion engine
25. Give scientific reasons for the following
a) Iron articles are electroplated with chromium
b) Calcium silicate is a protective layer for the molten iron in the blast furnace
c) Copper is not used to prepare hydrogen in the laboratory
d) Ore of copper is not concentrated by hydraulic washing
26. what is the role of magnesium and dilute hydrochloric acid in the preparation of silicon
27. write the steps involved in recycling plastics.
28. Name two types of hardness in water. On what principle can hardness of water be removed?
29. Draw a circuit symbol of each of the following
a) Forward biased diode b) transistors of n-p-n
30. State the universal law of gravitation . prepare it by a mathematical equation 3 x 4 = 12
Andhra Pradesh Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Andhra Pradesh Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Andhra Pradesh Board Sample Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 9 English Core Sample Paper 2012
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry 2013-SET-3
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Business Studies 2007
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Economics 2005
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindustani Music (Vocal) 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Biology 2013-SET-2
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2009
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Chemistry 2007
- Tamilnadu Board Class 12 Zoology Sample Paper Of 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2008
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Elective 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2008
- West Bengal Board Class 12 Syllabus For Biology
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Geography
- Gujarat Board Class 12 English Elective
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Science
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Philosophy
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Punjabi
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Tamil
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Chemistry
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Russian
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Scouting & guide