Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry Sample Papers 2008
Andhra Pradesh Board Sample Papers 2008 for Class 12 Chemistry
Time Allowed : 3 Hrs. Max. Marks 60
Special Instructions :-
1. You must write question paper series in the circle at top left side of title page of your
2. All questions are compulsory. Internal choices have been given in some questions.
3. Question Nos. I to VI are multiple choice questions (MCQ) carry 1 (one) mark each.
Choose one correct answer among four options.
4. Question Nos VII to X are very short answer type carrying 1 (one) mark each.
Answer these questions in about one word or one line.
5. Question Nos. XI to XVII are short answer type carrying 2 (Two) marks each.
Answer these questions in about 30 words each.
6. Question Nos. XVIII to XXV are short type carrying 3 (three) marks each. Answer
these questions in about 40 words each.
7. Question Nos. XXVI to XXVIII are long type carrying 4 (four) marks each. Answer
these questions in about 50 words each.
8. Do not leave blank page / pages in your answer-book.
Q1. The coordination number of a metal crystallising in a hexagonal close packing
structure is :
(a) 12 (b) 4 (c) 8 (d) 6 1
Q2. The boiling point of solvent containing a non-volatile solute :-
(a) is decreased (b) is elevated
(c) does not change (d) None of the above 1
Q3. Galvanised iron sheets are coated with :
(a) C (b) Cu (c) Zn (d) Ni 1
Q4. The rate constant of a reaction is 1.2×10 –5 mol –2 litre² S –1 . The order of a reaction is :
(a) Zero (b) 1 (c) 2 (d) 3 1
Q5. Which type of property is the Brownian movement of colloidal sol ?
(a) Electrical (b) Optical (c) Mechanical (d) Colligative 1
Q6. Cinnabar is an ore of :-
(a) Hg (b) Zn (c) Ag (d) Cu 1
Q7. Define inert pair effect. 1
Q8. What is the shape of chromate ion ? 1
Q9. Write the IUPAC name of iso - butyl alcohol. 1
Q10. What happen when chloroform is exposed to air and sun light ? 1
Q11. Write the four differences between Schottky defects and Frenkel defects. 2
Q12. How many coulombs are required to deposit 50 gm of aluminium when the electrode
reaction is : Al 3+ + 3e t Al(S) 2
Q13. Write the mechanism of rusting of iron. 2
Q14. Describe the following terms :
(i) Electrodialysis (ii) Emulsion 2
Q15. (a) Give two examples of interhalogen compounds.
(b) Oxygen exist as gas while sulphur exist as a solid at room temperature. Why?
Q16. (a) Name the phenomenon responsible for the similar properties of Zr and Hf.
(b) Why is the separation of lanthanoids difficult ? 1+1=2
Q17. How is potassium dichromate prepared from chromite ? 2
Q18.(a) Define coordination entity. 1
(b) How many geometrical isomers of
[Cr (en) 2 Cl 2 ]+
exist ? Which of these show optical activity ? 2
Q19. (a) Why chlorobenzene is less reactive than chloroethane ? Explain. 2
(b) How can you convert methyl chloride to ethyl chloride ? 1
Q20. Write a note on the following :
(a) Keimer - Tiemann Reaction
(b) Coupling Reaction
(c) Williamson's Synthesis 1+1+1=3
Q21. (a) Define ppm. 1
(b) A solution of glucose in water is labelled as 10% (w/w). The density of the
solution is 1.20 gm L–1 Calculate molality of solution. 2
(a) Define Van't Hoff Factor 1
(b) A solution containing 12.5 gm of a non-electrolyte substance in 175 gm of
water gave boiling point elevation of 0.70 K. Calculate the molar mass of the
(K6 for water = 0.52 K Kg mol –1 ) 2
Q22. (a) Define activation energy. 1
(b) A first order reaction is 20% complete in 10 minutes. Calculate the
time for 75% completion of reaction. 2
Q23. Explain the following :
is more stable than PbCl4
Q24. (a) How can you distinguish between :
aldehydes and ketones 1
(b) Write a note on the following :-
(i) H.V.Z. - Reaction
(ii) Cannizzaco's Reaction 2
Q25. (a) What type of bonds hold a DNA double helix together ? 1
(b) What are proteins ? State their biological importance. 2
Q26. (a) Give chemical reaction for Gabriel's phthalimide synthesis. 1
(b) Explain, why ethyl amine is more basic than aniline. 2
(c) How will you convert aniline to phenol. 1
(a) Give chemical reaction for diazotization reaction and Hoffmann Bromide
(b) What happen when :
(i) Methyl isocyanide is treated with ozone.
(ii) Methyl amine is treated wth sodium nitrite and cold dil. HCl solution.
Q27. (a) Write the monomers of Terylene. 1
(b) Give the preparation of :
(i) Buna - S
(ii) Orlon 2
(c) Define the Double Base Propellants. 1
Q28. (a) Define Vat Dyes
(b) Write a note on Zone refining.
(c) Complete the following reaction :-
(i) CH3 COCH3 + 4HI t ? + ? + ?
(ii) (CH3) 2 CHOH + Cu t ? + ? 2 573 K Red P423 K
Andhra Pradesh Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Andhra Pradesh Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Andhra Pradesh Board Sample Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 9 Class 11 Geography 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Math For 2009
- Gujarat Board Class 10 English Core 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Biology 2013-SET-3
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 English Elective 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Accountancy 2005
- CBSE Board Math Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2011
- CBSE Board Math Sample Papers for Class 10 for year 2013
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Geography 2009
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2007
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Chemistry Previous Year Question paper of 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Accountancy 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship 2008
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Urdu Core
- ICSE Board Class 11 Computer Science
- Haryana Board Class 10 Home Science
- Haryana Board Class 12 Biology
- CBSE Board Class 9 Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Urdu (special)
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Social Reconstruction
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Psychology
- Manipur Board Class 9 Hmar