Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Biology Sample Papers 2011
Andhra Pradesh Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 12 Biology
Time Allowed : 3 Hrs. Max. Marks 60
Special Instructions :-
1. You must write question paper series in the circle at top left side of title page of your
2. While answering your question, you must indicate on your answer book same
question No. as appears in your question paper.
3. Do not leave blank page / pages in your Answer-book.
4. All the questions are compulsory and are divided into four sections.
5. Answers should be to the point.
6. Que No. 1 to 5 (Section-A) are of one mark each and are of MCQ type.
7. Que No. 6 to 15 (Section-B) are of 1½ marks each. Answer each of them in 30-40
8. Que No. 16 to 23 (Section-C) are of 2½ marks each. Answer each of them in about
9. Que No. 24 & 25 (Section-C) are of 3 marks each. Answer each of them in about
10. Que No. 26 (Section-D) is of 4 marks. Answer in about 140 words.
11. Que No. 27 & 28 are of 5 marks each. Answer in about 150-170 words.
12. Draw diagrams wherever necessary.
Q1. Cllistogamous flower are
(a) Male flower which never opens
(b) female flower which never opens
(c) Bisexual flower which never opens
(d) Open bisexual flower which perform self pollination in bud condition. (1)
Q2. An 'O' blood group child can not have parents of blood group
(a) B and B (b) A and B
(c) O and O (d) AB and O (1)
Q3. Single cell protein (SCP) represents
(a) Protein extracted from a micro-organism (b) Protein from a clone of cells
(c) Protein mass from single cell animal (d) Biomass from growth of a
Q4. Addition of foregin gene in to a crop is
(a) Genitic Engineering (b) Biotechnology
(c) Tissue culture (d) Immunisation (1)
Q5. Pyramid of number deals with
(a) Species in an area (b) Individuals in a Community
(c) Individual in a trophic level (d) Sub species in a Community (1)
Q6. What is Colostrum ? What are its main functions ?
What are Leydig cells ? What is their function ? (1½)
Q7. How is a sickle cell carrier at an advantage over the rest of human population in
a malaria ridden area ? (1½)
Q8. What are transgenic bacteria ? Illustrate using one example.
Explain principle and function of ELISA. (1½)
Q9. Briefly describe Predator food chain. (1½)
Q10. Define :
(a) Dominant trait. (b) Recessive trait (c) Homozygous
Write one function of each.
(a) Promotor gene (b) t RNA (c) Exons (1½)
Q11. What is triple fussion ? What is its significance ? (1½)
Q12. Microbes can be used to decrease the use of chemical fertilizer and pesticides ? Explain how this can be accomplished ? (1½)
Q13. Define the following terms :
(a) Biopatent (b) Biopiracy (c) Genitically modified food
Q14. Outline salient features of Carbon Cycle in nature. (1½)
Q15. What is gene therapy ? (1½)
Q16. What is aminocentesis ? What is its significance ? (2½)
Q17. What are Homologous organs ? Explain with examples. (2½)
Q18. What are biofertilzer, explain ? (2½)
Q19. Define : (a) Scavenging (b) Commensalism (c) Symbiosis
(d) Predation (e) Proto co-operation
Write one example for each of the following :
(a) Heliophyte (b) Viviparous plant (c) Edothermic animals
(d) Ectothermic animals (e) Sciophyle (2½)
Q20. What is biotechnology ? How does old biotechnology differs from modern
biotechnology ? (2½)
Q21. Define Mendal's law of Independent assortment. Explain with suitable example.
Write the application of Recombinant DNA technology. (2½)
Q22. Differentiate between spermatogensis and oogensis. (2½)
Q23. Describe hot spots of biodiversity with species reference to India. (2½)
Q24. Descibe an inducible operon with example and differentiate from repressible operon.
Q25. What do you understand by acid rain ? What are its effects on the vegitation ? (3)
Q26. What is Atavisim also write the name of atleast four vestigeal organ present in
Describe Darwin Theory of 'Natural Selection'. (4)
Q27. (a) Write expanded forms of :
(1) AMIS (2) CMIS (3) NACO
(b) List any four danger signals of Cancer.
(28)(a) Name and explain briefly any three types of Cancer.
(b) Differentiate between antibodies and interferons. (3+2)
Q28. (a) Recapitulation theory was proposed by
(1) Van Bear (2) Darwin
(3) Haeckel (4) Aristotle
(b) Draw labelled L.S. of angiospermic ovule.
(c) What are Cry Protein ? Name the organism that produces them. (1+2+2)
Andhra Pradesh Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Andhra Pradesh Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Andhra Pradesh Board Sample Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Tamilnadu Board Class 12 Home Science Sample Paper Of 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2011
- ICSE Board Class 10 Computer Science 2011
- Tamilnadu Board Class 10 Physics Sample Paper Of 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindi 2013
- Gujarat Board Class 12 History 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Political Science 2013-SET-2
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Political Science 2013-SET-3
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics Sample Paper Of 2011
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Elective 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Accountancy 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12th Economics Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12th Business Studies Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2011
- CBSE Board 12 Chemistry Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- Haryana Board Class 10 Music (Hindustani Vocal)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Kannada
- CBSE Board Class 8 Syllabus For English Core
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Kannada(Special)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Bengali(Special)
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 History
- Manipur Board Class 11 Class 10 Mizo
- Gujarat Board Class 9 Social Science
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Economics
- Manipur Board Class 9 Nepali