Andhra Pradesh Board Zoology Syllabus for Class 12
Andhra Pradesh Board Syllabus for Class 12 Zoology
UNIT – I - PHYLUM: CHORDATA (6 Periods)
a) General characters and out line classification of Chordata upto classes with typical examples.
b) Fishes : Distinctive features of cartilaginous and Bony fishes with typical examples.
c) Amphibia : Distinctive features of Urodela, Anura and Apoda with typical examples.
UNIT –II - REPTILIA, AVES AND MAMMALIA (6 Periods)
a) Reptilia: Distinctive characters of Squamata, Rhynchocephalia, Crocodilia and Chelonia with
b) Identification of Poisonous and Non- Poisonous Snakes, Poison apparatus, toxicity of Snake
venom and treatment of snake bite including the first aid.
c) Aves: Distintive features of Carinatae and Ratitae with typical examples.
d) Mammalia: Distinctive features of Prototheria , Metatheria and Eutheria.
UNIT –III - FUNTIONAL ANATOMY OF RABBIT – DIGESTIVE SYSTEM, RESPIRATORY
SYSTEM AND CIRCULATORY SYSTEM (10 Periods)
a) Digestive system of Rabbit
b) Nutrition and Digestion
i) Role of Vitamins and minerals in nutrition.
ii) Digestion: The sequence of digestion and absorption
c) Respiratory system of Rabbit –Mechanism of Respiration and Transport of respiratory gases.
d) Circulatory system of Rabbit
i) Structure of Heart, Arterial and Venous systems
ii) Working of the heart of Rabbit
iii) Coagulation of blood.
UNIT- IV - FUNCTIONAL ANATOMY OF RABBIT –EXCRETORY, MUSCULO SKELETAL AND
REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM (10 Periods)
a) Excretory system of Rabbit
i) Structure and function of Nephron
ii) Urine formation and its composition
b) Musculoskeletal system.
i) Ultra structure and contraction of muscle-sliding filament theory only.
ii) Types of joints
c) Reproductive system of Rabbit
ii) Development of Rabbit upto gastrulation-gestation and viviparity.
UNIT – V - FUNCTIONAL ANATOMY OF RABBIT NERVOUS AND ENDOCRINE SYSTEM
a) Central, Peripheral and autonomous Nervous systems in brief.
b) Production and propagation of nerve impulse and reflex action.
c) Endocrine system- Endocrine glands and the role of their hormones.
UNIT – VI - GENETICS (14 Periods)
a) Mendel’s laws
b) Sex determination
c) Sex linked inheritance
d) Regulation of gene expression
e) Blood group inheritance
f) Basic concepts of Animal Breeding
UNIT –VII - ORGANIC EVOLUTION (10 Periods)
a) Origin of Life
b) Theories of Organic evolution
c) Evidences of Organic evolution
d) Hardy -Weinberg law
e) Synthetic theory evolution (NeoDarwinism)
UNIT –VIII - APPLIED BIOLOGY (12 Periods)
i) List of animals of aquacultural importance in Tabular form only
ii) Fisheries - Fish culture and rearing methods
i) Poultry farming methods
ii) Layers and Broilers
iii) Poultry diseases (Bacterial,Viral and Fungal – Three each)
c) Immunity – AIDS, Hepatitis and Allergic reactions
d) Biotechnology ( Elementary aspects)(Transferred from First Year)
e) Regulation of Cell cycle, Cancer biology, Stem cells (Elementary aspects) (Newly introduced)
Andhra Pradesh Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Andhra Pradesh Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Andhra Pradesh Board Syllabus for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Science 2005
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Biology 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 History 2013-SET-3
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Sanskrit 2013-SET-4
- CBSE Board Class 8 Science 2009
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Biology 2007
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Economics 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 English (Special Language) 2013-SET-3
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2008
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics 2007
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12th Economics Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2011
- CBSE Board 12 Chemistry Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- Rajasthan Board Class 9 Gujarati
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 French
- Haryana Board Class 12 Accountancy
- CBSE Board Class 10 Syllabus For English Core
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Chemistry
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Sindhi
- Manipur Board Class 9 Mizo
- CBSE BOARD History Syllabus for Class 12
- Manipur Board Class 10 Nepali
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 French