Andhra Pradesh Board Math Syllabus for Class 10
Andhra Pradesh Board Syllabus for Class 10 Math
Class 10 Math
1: QUADRATIC EXPRESSIONS: 10 PERIODS
1.1 Quadratic Expressions, Equations in one Variable, Ex-treme Values - Changes in sign and
Magnitude - Qua-dratic Inequation.
2: THEORY OF EQUATIONS: 12 PERIODS
2.1 The relation between the roots and coefficients in an equation
2.2 Solving the equation when two or more roots of it are connected by certain relations
2.3 Equations with real coefficients, imaginary roots occur in conjugate pairs and its consequences.
2.4 Transformation of equations, Reciprocal equations
3: MATRICES: 24 PERIODS
3.1 Definition - Types of Matrices - Equality, Addition, Com-mutative and associative, Properties of Addition
3.2 Scalar Multiplication of a Matrix - Additive inverse and identity. Multiplication of Matrices - Non-commutativity - Associative and distributive laws of multiplication
3.3 Transpose of Matrix-Properties Symmetric and skew Symmetric Matrices. Transpose of a Matrix Properties:
i) (A T ) T = A
ii) (KA)T = KA T
iii) (A+B)T = (A T + B T)
iv) (AB)T = B T A T
Symmetric and skew symmetric Matrices
3.4 Determinant of a Matrix, Singular, Non-singular Matri-ces, Minor, Co-factor of an element in the Matrix - Prop-erties of determinants
3.5 Adjoint of a Matrix, Inverse of a Matrix Properties
i) A -1 = Adj A/det A
ii) (AB) -1 = B -1 A -1
iii) (A T ) -1 = (A -1 ) + T
3.6 Solution of simultaneous linear equation in two and three variables by Crammer's rule, Matrix inversion method and Gauss - Jordan method, Consistency and in-con-sistency of simultaneous equations.
NOTE: In the treatment, upto 3x3 determinants and matrices should be considered.
4. PERMUTATIONS & COMBINATIONS:18 PERIODS
4.1 Definition of linear and circular permutations
4.2 To find the number of permutations of n dissimilar things taken 'r' at a time.
4.3 To prove nP r =(n-1)P r + r (n-1) p r-1 from the first prin-ciples
4.4 To find number of Permutations of n Dissimilar Things taken 'r' at a time when repetion of Things is allowed any number of times.
4.5 To find number of circular Permutations of /n/ Different things taken all at a time.
4.6 To find the number of Permutations of 'n' things taken at a time when some of them are alike and the rest are dissimilar
4.7 To find the number of combinations of 'n' dissimilar things taken 'r' at a time
4.8 To prove
i) If nc r = nc s then n=r+s or r=s
ii) Nc r + nc r -1 = (n+1) cr
5. BINOMIAL THEOREM: 16 PERIODS
5.1 Binomial theorem for positive Integral Index, Binomial coefficients and simple results on them, Numerically greatest term.
5.2 Binomial Theorem for rational Index (statement only) Important particular cases of Binomial Expansion.
5.3 Approximations using Binomial Theorem
6. PARTIAL FRACTIONS: 6 PERIODS
Resolving f(x)/g(x) into Partial fractions when g(x) contains:
6.1 Non-repeated linear factors
6.2 contains repeated and non repeated linear fractions only.
6.3 g(x) contains non-repeated and non-repeated irreduc-ible factors only.
6.4 g(x) contains repeated and non-repeated irreducible fac-tors only.
(Note: Number factors of g(x) should not exceed 4)
7. EXPONENTIAL AND
LOGARITHEMIC SERIES: 6 PERIODS
7.1 le x l Expansion for real x
7.2 log (1+x) expansion, condition on x
(Note: Statements of the results and very simple problems such as finding the general term should only be given)
8: PROBABILITY: 30 PERIODS
8.1 Random experiment, random event, elementary events, exhaustive events, mutually exclusive events
8.2 Classical definition - relative frequency approach - sample space, sample events, Addition theorem on Probability
8.3 Dependent and independent events, multiplication theorem, Baye's theorem
9. RANDOM VARIABLES AND DISTRIBUTIONS:
9.1 Random variables, Distributive functions, probability dis-tributive functions, Mean variance of a random variable
9.2 Theoretical desecrate distributions like Binomial, poisson distribution - Mean and variance of above distributions (without proof)
Andhra Pradesh Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Andhra Pradesh Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Andhra Pradesh Board Syllabus for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Accountancy 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 History 2013-SET-3
- CBSE Board Class 10 Chemistry 2011
- West Bengal Board Class 12 Economics Sample Paper Of 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Science 2008
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 English Core 2007
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 English Core 2010
- CBSE Board Home Science Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Biology 2008
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Persian
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Social Science
- Haryana Board Class 10 Percussion
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Bengali(Special)
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Physics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Urdu Core
- CBSE Board Class 8 Math
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Tamil
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Urdu (special)
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Music (Hindustani Vocal)