Andhra Pradesh Board History Syllabus for Class 12
Andhra Pradesh Board Syllabus for Class 12 History
Factors leading to the Geographical Discoveries – Explorations of Portuguese
Navigators - Colombus Discovers the New continent - Conflicting claims lead to wars – Results
of Geographical Discoveries – Other Results.
The Renaissance in Europe
Factors for the Growth of Renaissance - Renaissance Art, Sculpture, Architecture and
Music in Europe.
Decline of the Papacy – State vs the Church – Rise of Nation States - Rise of Secular
Attitude – Anti Church movements. The Reformation movement in England – The counter-
Reformation. The Council of Trect (1545-63). The Society of Jesus Founded by Ignatius
Loyola (1534) St. Francis Xavier (1506-1552).
The Rise of Nation States in Europe
The First Nation State in Europe - Royal Absolutism - Limitations on Royal power - Model
Parliament (1295) Tudor Rulers – Bourbon Monarchy in France - Enlightened Despotism in
Spain -The Habsburgs of Austria - Peter the Great (1689-1725) Westernisation of Russia under
Peter - Foreign Policy - Catherine –II (The Great) War with the Turks.
American War of Independence (1776)
Development of 13 English Colonies - British Mercantilist policy - Enforcement of
Mercantilist Regulations - Boston Tea Party - The First Continental Congress (1774) Skirmishes
at Lexington and Concord Leads to War - Declaration of Independence (4th July 1776). The War
UNIT – VI
The French Revolution (1789)
Causes - Political Causes, Social Causes, Economic causes, Religious Causes and
Intellectual Awakening, influence of American Revolution - The Role of the King. Course of
the Revolution – Results - First Consul Napoleon Bonaparte (1799-1814). Congress of Vienna
(1815) – Role of Prince Metternich. Napoleonic Wars – Concordat. The Bank of France, Public
Works – New Educational System – Legion of Honour – Overseas Empire for France –
Centralization of French administration – Importance of Napoleonic era.
The Origin and growth of Industrial Revolution. The invention of steam Engine. Factory
system in Britain - Revolution in Transport and Communication system – Significance - Effects
of Industrial Revolution.
Nationalism in Europe
The Unification of Italy - The Rise of Nationalism in Italy. Mazzini (1805-72) Role of
Garibaldi (1807-1862) “Young Italy” Movement - 1848 Revolution - Cavour (1810-61). Venice
United with the Rest of Italy 1866 - liberation of Rome, 1870.
The Unification of Germany: Rise of Nationalism. Zollverein (Customs Union) - The
1848 Revolution in France. Failure of 1848 Revolution - King William-I and Bismarck. ‘Blood
and Iron’ Policy, War with Denmark (1864). The Austro – Prussian War (1866). Franco –
Prussian War (1870) – The Treaty of Frankfurt, 1871
Nationalism in China and Japan
Nationalism in China – Opium Wars and Treaty of Nanking – Anglo – Japanese Alliance
– Reform Movement in China – Dr. Sun – Yat – Sen and Chinese Revolution (1949) – Japan –
Awakening of Japan opened by Commodore Perry - Meiji Restoration – Internal Reconstruction
Westernization of Japan – Monroe Doctrine – Japan and the USA. Japanese attack on Pearl
Harbour – War with USA – Collapse of Japan – Treaty with USA.
The Czarist Autocrats - Czar Alexander-II (1855-1881) Reactionary Rule of Alexander-
III (1881-1894) Industrialization - Reign of Czar Nicholas II (1894-1971) -1905 Russian
Revolution - Downfall of Czar Nicholas (March 1917) Nikolai Lenin (1870-1924) Bolshevik
Revolution (7th November 1917).
First World War
Causes and Results (1914-1918) – Treaty of Versailles (1919) – League of Nations
Mustafa Kemal Pasha – Decay of Ottoman Empire – The treaty of Serves – Asia minor –
Kemal Reforms and modernization of Turkey
Fascism and Nazism:
Fascism and its causes – Rise of Mussolini – His achievements.
Nazism in Germany:
Rise of Nazis under Hitler – Internal policy - breakdown of the
League – Hitler’s foreign policy.
Second World War (1939-1945)
Causes – German Foreign policy – America’s entry into 2nd World War – Defeat of Axis
Powers – Establishment of UN (24th October 1945).
Science and Technology in the Modern World
Development in Science, Technology, Art, Literature and other new sources of energy –
Transport and Communication – Information Technology Literature and Art in the contemporary
world - The Mass Media, News Paper, Radio, Cinema, Television and Computers.
1.Thirteen Colonies in America
2.Unification of Germany
3.Unification of Italy
Andhra Pradesh Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Andhra Pradesh Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Andhra Pradesh Board Syllabus for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- ICSE Board Class 10 Computer Science 2010
- ICSE Board Class 10 Physics 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Elective 2005
- Bihar Board Class 12 Physics 2012
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2007
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Physics 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Animal Husbandry 2013-SET-3
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Math 2008
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2008
- ICSE Board Class 10 Biology 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2007
- West Bengal Board Class 10 Syllabus Of Science
- Haryana Board Class 10 Melodic
- Manipur Board Class 10 Hindi
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Syllabus of Math
- CBSE Board Class 11 Accountancy
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Syllabus of Civics
- CBSE Board Class 9 Syllabus For English Core
- Rajasthan Board Class 9 Social Science
- West Bengal Board Class 12 Syllabus For Economics
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Economics