Andhra Pradesh Board English Core Syllabus for Class 10
Andhra Pradesh Board Syllabus for Class 10 English Core
SECTION A : READING
The total of the three passages will be about 650 words. The passage will include one each of the following types:
Factual passage, e.g. instruction, description, report; Discursive passage involving opinion , e.g. argumentative, persuasive or interpretative text
Literary passage, e.g. extract from fiction, drama, poetry essay or biography. In the case of a poetry, extract the text may be shorter than 150 words.
SECTION B: WRITING
Four writing tasks as indicated below:
A linguistically controlled task, where a student builds up a composition with guidance;
Short composition of not more than 50 words, e.g. a note or notice, message, telegram, short post card;
Composition based on a verbal and / or visual stimulus such as an advertisement;
notice, newspaper cutting, table, diary extracts, notes, letter or other forms of correspondence;
Composition based on a verbal and / or visual stimulus such as a diagram, picture, graph, map, cartoon, or flowchart.
One of the longer (10 marks) Compositions will draw on the thematic content of the Main Course Book..
At least one task will invlove the production of a form of correspondence, e.g. a letter, postcard, note or notice.
One task will involve the production of discursive text in which the student is required to express his/her point of view on the topic given.
SECTION C: GRAMMAR
A variety of short questions involving the use of particular structures within a context (i.e. not in isolated sentences). Test types will include, for example , cloze (gap filling exercise with blanks at regular interval), sentences-completion, sentence-reordering, editing, dialogue- completion and sentence transformation. The grammar syllabus will be sampled each year, with marks allotted for different areas of the content of the syllabus prescribed for class IX as well as X as detailed below:
By the end of the course students should be able to use the following accurately and
appropriately in context.
Present / Past forms
Simple / Continuous forms
Future time reference
Active and Passive voice Subject Verb agreement Non finite verb forms (infinitive and participles)
Types of Sentences : affirmative / interrogative sentences,
types of phrases and clauses:
finite and non- finite clauses.
noun clauses and phrases,
adjective clauses and phrases adverb clauses and phrases Indirect Speech Comparison Nominalisation Other Areas
SECTION D: TEXT BOOK
Two extracts from different poems from the prescribed readers, each followed by two or three questions to test local and global
comprehension of the set text. Each extract will carry four marks
One or two questions based on one of the drama texts from the prescribed reader to test local and global comprehension of the
set text. An extract may or may not be used.
One question based on one of the prose texts from the prescribed reader to test global comprhension and extrapolation beyond the set text.
One extended question based on one of the prose texts from the prescribed reader to test global comprehension and extrapolation beyond the set text.
Questions will test comprehension at different levels: literal inferential and evaluative. At the end of class X the Board's three hour examination will test reading and writing skills specified in the teaching / testing objectives together with representative samples of the literature and grammar objectives. The structure of the class X examination paper will
be in accordance with the sample paper given in Grammar Work Book.
Andhra Pradesh Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Andhra Pradesh Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Andhra Pradesh Board Syllabus for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 9 Science 2008
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Functional English 2011
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Biology 2008
- Bihar Board Class 12 Chemistry 2011
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Chemistry 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry 2013-SET-2
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Biotechnology 2011
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Biology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2010
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2010
- CBSE Board 12 Political Science Previous Year Question Paper 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Accountancy 2011
- CBSE Board 12 Biology Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- ICSE Board Class 10 Geography 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2005
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Business Studies
- Rajasthan Board Class 9 Science
- Haryana Board Class 12 Percussion
- CBSE Board Class 9 Science
- Haryana Board Class 10 Music (Hindustani Vocal)
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Geography
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Syllabus For Accountancy
- Manipur Board Class 10 Hindi
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Hindi
- West Bengal Board Class 12 Syllabus For Economics