Andhra Pradesh Board Economics Syllabus for Class 12
Andhra Pradesh Board Syllabus for Class 12 Economics
Class - XII
PAPER-II-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF INDIA
UNIT-I: DEVELOPMENT-CONCEPT AND FEATURES 17 Periods
Meaning of development and growth – Main features of de-veloped and developing economies – Determinants of eco-nomic development – India as a developing economy. Ref: Meir : Issues in Development, Oxford.
UNIT-II: MARKET ECONOMY AND DEVELOPMENT 25 Periods
Concept and basic features of Market Economy – Inter-de-pendence of State and the Markets – Liberalization, Global-ization and Privatization, the Pre-requisits for Promoting Glo-bal Market – Global Market, Trade and Development – Origin of international Trading arrangements and basic features of GATT negotiations – Establishment of WTO and its salient features – WTO and the Indian Economy.
UNIT-III: GROWTH OF POPULATION AND DEVELOPMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES 16 Periods
Growth of population and occupational distribution of popula-tion – Birth and death rates – Population policy Amartya Sen’s concept of capability as related to human resources development – Role of Education and Health – Magnitude of Univer-sal education, Female education and health care systems. Ref: Dutt & K.P.M.Sundaram – Indian Economy 1998 Amartya Sen – Economic Development of India 1996.
UNIT-IV: NATIONAL INCOME, INEQUALITIES IN THE DISTRIBUTION OF INCOME – UNEMPLOYMENT AND POVERTY IN INDIA 30 Periods
Trends in the growth of National Income and percapita In-come since Independence – Changes in the sectoral contribution of National Income – Shares of Public and Private sectors in National Income – Inequalities in the distribution of Income and Wealth – Fac-tors influencing Inequalities in the distribution of Income – Measures to control inequalities – Meaning, Causes and es-timates of Unemployment – Concept of Poverty – Poverty line – Rural and Urban Pov erty – Causes of Poverty – Anti poverty measures.
UNIT-V: AGRICULTURE 35 Periods
The place of agriculture in Indian economy-Causes for low Agricultural productivity-Measures to increase productivity- Causes for and conse-quences of small Agricultural holdings – Consolidation of holdings – The need for land reforms – Salient features of land reforms – Cooperative farming-Existing pattern of land utilisation- Estimates of irrigated area-Green revolution- Changes in cropping pat-tern – Nature and sources of Agricultural credit – Causes for rural indebtedness – Remedial measures – Re organization of rural credit and role of NABARD Agricultural Marketing , Defects in Agricultural Marketing in India. –Remedial Mea-sures
– The present position of agricultural labour in India.
1. Mishra & Puri-Indian Economy
2. C.B.Mamoria-Indian Agriculture.
UNIT-VI: INDUSTRY 25 Periods
The role of industrialisation – Pattern of industrialisation af-ter liberalisation- A brief outline of the growth of large scale industries – Cottage and small scale industries – Their im-portance, problems and remedial measures – Industrial es-tates – Short term and long term institutions of industrial finance – Industrial policy resolutions of 1948,1956 and 1991- The present position of Industrial Labour.
1. R.Dutt & K.P.M.Sundaram – Indian Economy
2. Battwal: Industrial Economy.
UNIT-VII: TERTIARY SECTOR 13 Periods
Importance of Tertiary sector in economic development in-creasing role of transport, banking and insurance-Infrastructural development.
1. R.Dutt & K.P.M.Sundaram – Indian Economy
2. World Development Report on Infrastructure
UNIT-VIII: PLANNING IN INDIA 13 Periods
A brief review of the achievements of various Five Year Plans – Objectives of 9 th Five Year Plan – Causes and consequences of Regional inbalance – Measures to achieve balanced re-gional development.
1. R.Dutt & K.P.M.Sundaram – Indian Economy.
UNIT-IX: ENVIRONMENT AND DEVELOPMENT 16 Periods
Concepts of Environment, Ecology, Eco-system, Stability of Eco-system and Pollution – Sources of Pollution: Air, Water, Soil and Sound – Resource exhaustation and Pollution, the basic causes of Environmental degradation – Effects of Envi -ronmental Degradation and the need for preserving the envi -ronment – Environment and Economic growth – Concept of sustainable development.
Andhra Pradesh Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Andhra Pradesh Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Andhra Pradesh Board Syllabus for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Math For 2008
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Biology Sample Paper Of 2012
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 English Core 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Sanskrit 2013 SET-3
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 English Core 2009
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Political Science 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Anatomy Physiology and Health 2013
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 English (Special Language) 2013-SET-3
- Bihar Board Class 11 Business Studies 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Math 2013
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Accountancy 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2009
- Maharashtra Board Class 11 Chemistry syllabus
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Psychology
- Haryana Board Class 10 Drawing
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Dance
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Math
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Hindi
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Informatics Practices
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Sociology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Kannada(Special)