Andhra Pradesh Board Economics Syllabus for Class 11
Andhra Pradesh Board Syllabus for Class 11 Economics
Unit-1 Concepts of Economics :
Ancient Indian and Western economic thinkings Disfference in both;
Definitions - Adam Smith, Marshall, Robbins, Kautilya, Chankaya, J.K. Mehta.
and M.G. Bokre.
Nature - Art, Science or both, Divisions of Economics and their relation,
Importance, Limitations. Wants :- Meaning, Characteristics, classification,
necessaries, comforts, luxuries; Factors affecting classification.
Unit-2 Utility and related laws :
Utility - Meaning, definition, types and its measurement, Law of Diminishing
Marginal utility - Explanation, Assumption, exceptions and
importance. Law of Equi-marginal utility - explainatian, assumptions and
importance; Consumer's surplus - meaning, definition, explanation,
importance and criticisms.
Unit-3 Consumer behaviours and demand :
Consumer equlibrium - Utility maximisation (Single commodity analysis),
Demand - Individual and market demand, factors determining demand, Law
of demand, Demand schedule and Demand curve; Change in demand.Shifit
and change on demand curve.
Price elasticity of demand :- meaning, measurment - percentage, total
expenditure and geometric methods.
Unit-4 Production :
Meaning, definition, factors of production, Law of Diminishing marinal returns
- meaing, definition, explaination with diagram and importance; Returns to
factor and returns to scale.
Division of Labour, mobility of Labour and efficiency of labour- meaning,
definition, merits and effecting factors.
Unit-5 Production function and supply :
Cost of Production - total, average, marginal, fixed and variable cost; Revenue-
total, average and marginal; Price; firm's equilibrium.
Unit-6 Price determination :
Price Determination, Perfect competition, Price equilibrium and effect of
changes in demand and supply.
Unit-7 Economy - general introduction :
Meaning, definition, Types, Central problems of economy and their solutions
(what to produce, how to produce and for whom to produce?). Production
possibility curve and opportunity cost.
Unit-8 Economic growth and development :
Economic growth - Meaning defination, economic developement, sustainable
development, indicators of development, Percapita income, Quality of
life index (Basic idea)
Unit-9 Indian Economy (1947) :
Structure of the Indian Economy at the time of independence - occupa
tinal structure, Relative contribution of sectors (agriculture, industries
and service sector) to National income, infranstructure Economic (en
ergy, transport and communication) and Social (education, health and
Unit-10 Indian Economy (1947-1991) :
Development strategies till - 1991 :- Economic planning - meaning, main
objectives, main features of economic policies; main achievements and fail
ures. (General introductory Basic idea).
Unit-11 Indian Economy (After 1991) :
Economic Reforms since 1991- need and main features, liberalisation
globalisation and privatisation.
Unit-12 Population and other Problems :
Importance of population, Theories of population - Malthusian and
Optimum Theory of Population.Difference in both, problems of population,
poverty, Rural Developement and unenployment in india (with special
reference to M.P.)
Andhra Pradesh Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Andhra Pradesh Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Andhra Pradesh Board Syllabus for class 11 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Political Science 2009
- ICSE Board Class 10 English Core
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Geography 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10th Math Sample Paper 2007
- Bihar Board Class 11 Physics 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Management, Nutrition & Textile 2013-SET-3
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics 2013-SET-2
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Sociology 2011
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 English Core 2005
Previous Year Paper
- ICSE Board Class 10 Biology 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2008
- ICSE Board Class 10 History 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12th Accountancy Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Psychology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Oriya (special)
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Political Science
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Physics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Bengali(Special)
- CBSE Board 12th Chemistry Syllabus
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 History
- CBSE Board Class 8 Syllabus For Social Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Economics
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English