Andhra Pradesh Board Accountancy Syllabus for Class 11
Andhra Pradesh Board Syllabus for Class 11 Accountancy
Unit-1. Introduction to Accounting
- Accounting-meaning, objectives, Accounting as source of information, internal and external users of Accounting information and their needs, advantages and limitations of Accounting, Difference between book-keeping and Accountancy.
- Qualitative characteristics of accounting information-reliability, relevance, understandability and comparability.
- Basic Accounting terms-Asset, liability, capital, expense, income, expenditure, Revenue, Debtors, Creditors, Goods, Cost, Gain, Stock, Purchase, Sales, Loss, Profit, Voucher, Discount: Cash and Trade Discount, Transaction, Drawings, Equity.
Unit-II. Theory Base of Accounting
- Accounting Concepts: Entity Money Measurement, Going concern, Accounting period, Cost concept, Dual aspect, revenue Recognition (realisation), Matching, Accrual.
- Accounting Conventions-Full Disclosure, consistency, Conservation, Materiality, Objectives.
- Accounting Standards-meaning, nature, need and list of Indian accounting standards.
- Accounting Mechanism-Single entry and double entry.
- Accounting Cycle-from recording of business transaction to preparation of trial balance and final accounts.
- Bases of Accounting-Cash Basis, Accrual Basis.
Unit-III. Recording of Business Transactions
- Voucher and Transactions: Origin of Transactions-source documents and vouchers, Preparation of voucher; Accounting equation approach meaning and analysis of transaction using Accounting Equation; Rules of debit and credit.
- Recording of transactions: Books of original entry-Journal, Special Purpose
(i) Cash Book-Simple, Cash book with Bank column and petty cash book,
(ii)Purchase Book, Sales Book, Purchase returns book, Sales returns book, Bill receivable book. Bills payable book; Ledger meaning, utility, format; posting from journal and subsidiary books; Balancing of Accounts.
Unit-IV. Trial Balance and Rectification of Errors
- Trial-Balance; meaning, Objectives, advantages and methods of preparation.
- Errors: Types of errors; errors affecting Trial Balance; errors not affecting Trial Balance.
- Detection and Rectification of errors (one sided and two sided) use of suspense account.
Andhra Pradesh Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with Andhra Pradesh Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on Andhra Pradesh Board Syllabus for class 11 Now
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2011
- ICSE Board Class 10 Geography 2008
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2011
- CBSE Board 12 Business Studies Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Accountancy 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Kannada(Special)
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Political Science
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Home Science
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Economics
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Business Studies
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Drawing
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Math
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Biotechnology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Persian
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Sociology